"motherly" love ; yurissa

yuri: 14, tea: 13

yuri tried the quads again. he had failed them four times consecutively for the past few minutes, and he was determined to see them through.

"uh... hey, yuri, shouldn't you take a break now?" qq asked from the side of the rink as she glanced up from her phone, "your legs must be pretty sore right now."

"i want to get these quads done right," yuri said, picking himself of the ice.

"not until you've gotten ten minutes of rest," tea said, opening the door of the rink.

yuri gave a sigh of defeat as he skated over to the side of the rink and got off the ice. he sat down on a nearby bench and grabbed a bottle of mineral water before opening it.

"take off your skates," tea said softly but firmly.

"eh?" yuri said.

"take off your skates," tea repeated, "now."

he had no choice but to obey and remove the skates. once they were off, tea's eyes widened. His feet had blisters on his heels and were swollen through.

"wait here," she said before rushing off.

"mom's giving motherly love to yuri," zan said with a grin.

"gotta record this on film," qq said, reaching for her phone.

soon, the girl was back with two ice packs. she placed an ice pack on his foot each and told him to hold one in place while she held the other.

"does it hurt?" she asked in concern.

"n-no..." he stammered, his cheeks tinted pink.

"don't you dare get your feet back into those skates until your feet are fine," she said as she gave him a playful glare.

"hai," he said with a small smile.

word count: 263
date originally published: 071216
date republished: 230217