clouds ; tobi-q

"some people are like clouds. once they're gone, it's a beautiful day."

sometimes, qq thought she was one of those few people in the quote.

she thought that at some deep level, all her friends didn't like her. but hey, past experiences are what that shapes a person to who they were, right?

she thought they thought she talked too much, was too loud and needed to shut up. she thought when they asked her to keep quiet, what they meant was "shut up, we're sick and tired of hearing your voice."

she thought that they didn't talk to her as much as their other friends because they thought she was annoying.

she thought that they only partnered up with her when all their friends leave them, or when it was a music project. she thought they used her to their advantage.

she thought she was secretly hated on by her own friends.

she was walking home with kageyama, listening onto the earpiece while deep in thought. she thought about how most of her friends didn't really respond to her that day and were probably sick and tired of her.

"hey."

she glanced up at him to see him looking down at her.

"ice cream?" he asked, earning a nod and a small grin from her.

they walked to the nearest convenience store to get their cold desserts before heading back home.

even while eating the ice cream, she remained silent. she didn't say anything to him, which made him a little worried.

"oi," he said, "what's wrong?"

she shook her head and said, "nothing. why?"

"you look troubled," he said, licking his ice cream.

she didn't respond and continued licking her own chocolate ice cream.

she's overthinking again, he thought silently to himself.

he sighed and said, "hey. look at me."

she raised her eyes to meet his, and he continued, "nobody hates you, okay? you're just overthinking."

"yes, they do!" she argued, "they're always asking me to shut up, not talk for once and then continue their own conversations! i mean, half of my class are so done with me!"

she takes a breath and asked, "do you like me?"

suddenly realising what she said could have been misintepreted, she rephrased it, "as in, like me as a friend?"

a small blush crept up on kageyama's cheeks and he said, "y-yes."

"are you sure?" qq asked, eyeing him playfully, "because your eyes tell me otherwise."

"i d-do like you! a-as a f-friend!" he whisper-yelled, his blush darkening, "s-so! don't overthink! your friends don't hate you!"

she managed a small smile and said, "thanks, tobio-chan."

"n-now finish your ice cream," he said.

she finished the last bite before disposing the cup and saying, "let's go home."

"but some people are like the sun. once they come out, they brighten up your day."

word count ; 481
date published ; 260417

a/n ; lmao what is this ?? and i'm sorry for the tokyo ghoul shit at the end haha ,,,,, apparently my violin teacher gives me good inspiration :)) and no this wasn't a product of the inspiration haha