wings ; hajibel

(introducing some hajibel bc this is another good ship i made hahaha belinda is bound to kill me tmr)

soulmate au ; one has the same wing pattern as their soulmate, just on a different side

belinda never really believed in the whole soulmate thing about having the same wing as our soulmate, just on different sides. after all, she could not see her "wing". she probably didn't have a soulmate, if anything. it was only until her best friend, tea, pointed it out to her.

"your wing looks pretty, you know?" tea said suddenly.

"hm?" belinda hummed in response.

"your wing," she said, "it's lilac and turquoise in colour. and it has this sort of curvy patterns on it..."

"is it real, or you're just making this up?" belinda asked, giving her friend a raised eyebrow.

"it's real! i can draw it for you if you want!" tea said, reaching for her sketchpad.

she drew a rough outline on the paper, then adding in more details and colour. soon, the wing began to come to life.

"there it is," tea said as she finished the last line in her drawing.

the two stared at it in silence and awe. the wing was definitely beautiful, no doubt about it.

"can i keep this?" belinda asked as she nodded at the drawing.

"sure," tea answered, tearing the paper out and handing it to her.

x

iwaizumi never believed in the soulmate thing either. he thought it was airy-fairy bullshit, created by oikawa as usual. his best friend was always up to some shit, and this was probably one of them.

"but iwa-chan!" oikawa whined, "your wing is so pretty!"

"if i even had a wing, i'd use it to swat you away," iwaizumi scoffed.

"i'm serious!" the brunette said with a small pout, "it's lilac and turquoise and has kirei patterns! i'm jealous!"

"and who can second this bullshit of yours?" the ravenette said, clearly doubting his best friend.

"it's not bullshit!" the setter retorted, "matssun! makki!"

the two in question walked up to them.

"tell iwa-chan that his wing is really pretty!" oikawa said, "go on! look at it and tell him!"

the two glanced at something behind the wing spiker's back before nodding and saying, "yeah, it actually does look nice."

iwaizumi shook his head. they were probably playing along with oikawa.

"and what does it look like?" he asked.

"lilac... and turquoise... with these patterns..."

okay. oikawa didn't tell them any of those.

it could only mean one thing.

x

"qian, what the fuck?" belinda cursed as qian dragged her off to the gym where the boys volleyball team had their usual practices, "you do know i have my own cca to go to, right?"

"i just wanna check something!" qian said, "it'll be fast, i promise!"

the two entered the gym, attracting the attention of a certain brunette.

"yo, qian!" he said, giving a friendly grin and a wave, before alighting his eyes on belinda, "hey, bel-chan!"

as belinda was about to respond, oikawa yelled, "oh my god look at that!"

he pointed straight at belinda's back.

"it looks just like iwa-chan's wing! just on a different side!" he yelled excitedly.

"i knew it!" qian yelled, joining her boyfriend in jumping up and down.

at that moment, iwaizumi walked in.

"iwa-chan!" oikawa yelled, "you have the same wing pattern as bel-chan!"

"what the hell are you on about?" iwaizumi said.

immediately, qian pushed belinda towards him and said, "okay, now two of you turn around."

shrugging, the duo did what they were told, which resulted in more yelling.

"oh my god they have the same wings!"

"and do you know what that means?"

iwaizumi and belinda locked eyes.

soulmates.

word count: 561
date published: 110417

a/n: okay this was bad