us ; hajibel (pt. 4)

belinda walked into class with her earpieces plugged in. she had been thinking about how their relationship has been, and it wasn't going to get far in the long run.

once she placed her stuff at her desk, a voice said, "good morning."

"iwaizumi," she said simply as she kept her earpiece.

"i-i'm really sorry about yesterday," iwaizumi muttered, looking down at the floor with his hands shoved in his pockets.

without saying a word, she grabbed his hand and led him out of the classroom. class wasn't going to start in another thirty minutes or so, anyway.

she brought him to the rooftop before letting go of him and saying with her back faced towards him, "i've been thinking a lot since last night."

she turned around and looked into his eyes. she didn't want to say it, but she wanted to spare herself from the torture and didn't want herself to do this any longer.

"let's break up," belinda said simply.

"what?" iwaizumi said, a little dumbfounded.

"this relationship is one-sided, and it's going nowhere," she said, "there's no point continuing it. besides, it seems like i didn't help you get over her."

she took a breath and continued, "it isn't good for any of us. so, let's break up."

feeling tears sting her eyes, she quickly strode past him, not wanting to let him see her break down. suddenly, his hand grabbed her wrist and pulled her in for a hug.

"you did help me," he said softly, "you're very special to me, and you brightened my life. you made me see the world on a different light, and for that, i want to thank you."

that wasn't what she wanted to hear, but it still made her feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. slowly, she wrapped her arms around him.

"if you would give me a second chance, i will tell you those three words one day," iwaizumi said.

"so you're going to force yourself to love me?" belinda asked, breaking the embrace, "because i don't want you to. it's not right."

"i'm not," he answered, "i'm unsure of my feelings as of now, but if you would give me a second chance..."

he grabbed her hand and covered it with his larger one and continued, "i'm sure i will feel the same way."

in all cliché romance films, the protagonist gets into a love triangle and chooses the bad boy. the good guy supports them and thinks he's unloved, when there is a minor side character wanting to be with him, but never getting their happy ending.

it seems like, in this romance movie, the side character does get her own happily ever after after all.

word count ; 433

date published ; 210517

a/n ; here is your happy ending :"))