one ; keirissa (pt. 1)

all she could do was admire him from afar. he would set the ball to the ace, and watch him spike it to the ground, earning a point.

that's right, tea was in love with akaashi keiji.

she wished she could talk to him, at the very least.

and she never expected it to happen so soon.

shanz, one of her classmates (and also her "foster child"), knew the ace of fukurodani, bokuto koutarou. which also means she indirectly knew akaashi keiji.

unbeknowist to her, shanz introduced tea to akaashi as friends. they immediately hit it off, with the two mothers shaking their heads at how loud their "kids" could be.

that was also when akaashi fell in love with tea. her dark hair and eyes... everything.

slowly, as days passed, he got to know her more and more.

he finally happened to see her drawings and sketchings on one of those days. everything seemed to come to life on those pages. her art was literally goals.

he heard her sing as well. it was amazing how she had a large vocal range and could change her pitch from high to low when necassary.

out of all her talents, her voice was the one that attracted him the most. it was warm, soothing, and most importantly, beautiful. to him, it sounded like the first bird singing in spring.

x

clutching onto the box tightly, akaashi glanced up to see tea walking towards him in a casual shirt, jeans and converse, with a sling bag over her shoulder. quickly, he stuffed the box into his pocket, hoping she didn't notice.

yup, he was planning on proposing and was hoping she would say yes.

"hey keiji," she said.

"tea-san," he said, trying to calm his nerves.

"i told you, call me tea," she said, "geez, even after dating for so long, you still add 'san' to the back of my name."

"sorry," he said.

"it's okay," she said, before turning to face the harbour with the night sky as a backdrop, the city lights illuminating the broadwalk, "nice view we have, huh?"

"not as beautiful as you are," he blurted out, before turning slightly red.

at that same moment, tea's cheeks flared as she glanced away.

"s-so, um," tea said, trying to think of something to say, but no avail.

"tea," akaashi said, his serious gaze fixed on her, all awkwardness ebbed away.

"yes?" she said, turning to face him, trying to reflect the exact same expression on her normally stoic face.

however, oh god, whenever she stared into his beautiful blue eyes, she couldn't help but get lost in them, her stoic face not so stoic anymore.

quickly, he got down on one knee and whipped out the velvet box. opening it, he held it out to her, revealing a small diamond ring.

taking a deep breath, he asked, "will you marry me?"

looking straight at him, she could only have one answer.

"yes."

giving a wry smile, he stood up and took her small hand in his huge one, then slipping the ring on her middle finger.

this was only the beginning.

word count: 498
date published: 300317

a/n: i'm crying in happiness the moms are engaged now