saviour ; tadarah (pt. 2)

(there are 3 different endings so choose your own ending)

—— alternate ending 1 ——

"sarah! watch out!" he screamed as he leapt forward to reach her.

the next thing she knew, she was pushed forward and onto the floor. the sound of a car slamming onto its brakes reverberated throughout the cold air, as well as a loud bang.

she got up and was turning around when she said, "hey yams, are you okay—"

her eyes widened.

there, lying on the ground, was yamaguchi tadashi.

blood was oozing out of half of his body and head, spilling out onto a little part of the road where he lay. his breaths were coming out sharp and ragged, clinging on to dear life.

passers-by were beginning to crowd around, and some were making calls for an ambulance.

"yams? yams!" she yelled as she rushed forward to cradle him in her arms, "you're going to be okay, don't die!"

he gazed up into her eyes, brown meeting dark brown. he managed a small smile and whispered, "take care of yourself when i'm gone, okay?"

"you're going to be fine," she insisted, "the ambulance is on its way. just hold on!"

he shook his head and said, "i love you."

with that, his eyes closed.

"yams? yams! no!" sarah let out a cry of despair as she held his body close to hers.

if only she could turn back time and crossed the road properly.

If only yamaguchi ran across the road and grabbed her along instead.

if only she could bring him back to life.

life would be so much better.

—— alternate ending 2 ——

"sarah! watch out!" he screamed as he leapt forward to reach her.

the next thing she knew, yamaguchi had successfully launched himself onto her to knock them both out of harm's way. her eyes were closed, but she knew they were on the pavement.

"daijoubu?" he asked as she opened her eyes.

that was when she noticed the awkward position they were in, with him on top.

"um, yams?" she said, "could you...?"

his face flushed red as he said, "g-gomen!"

immediately, he stood up and extended his hand to her to help her up. she took his hand and he helped her up.

"watch where you're going in future, alright?" he asked, "you had me worried there!"

"s-sorry," she said, "and thank you."

"you're welcome," he said, turning slightly pink.

—— alternate ending 3 ——

"sarah! watch out!" he screamed as he leapt forward to reach her.

he managed to grab her arm in the nick of time and pull her straight into his arms, away from death's door. the car sped past them, and yamaguchi breathed a sigh of relief. he glanced down at her and asked, "daijoubu?"

sarah flushed a bright red and hid her face in his chest and gave a nod.

"yokatta," he said in the sort of voice you knew he was smiling.

(t: yokatta = thank goodness ;; in this context it's "i'm glad")

slowly, he released his grip on her and gave her shoulders a slight squeeze before saying, "igzo."

the two continued their journey ahead, but this time, with yamaguchi trying to make a conversation.

word count: 467
date published: 280317

a/n: umm so happy birthday kousei ! idk i just