us ; hajibel (pt. 1)

(okay so oikawa will have a girlfriend here, but this is his ex lmaoo)

in all those cliché love stories, there would always be a love triangle between the protagonist, the good guy, and the playboy. the protagonist would always choose the bad boy, no matter what.

in belinda's life, she felt she was definitely not the protagonist. if her life was a movie, she would probably be one of those side characters that appear in the film from two to four times.

now, you might be wondering who the protagonist is. it was nagi sawabe, and she chose the bad boy, oikawa tooru. the good guy here was then iwaizumi hajime.

before the drama began, the good guy had a backstory with the side character. how they met? you shall see for yourself.

belinda walked into class with her earpieces plugged in as she scrolled through her instagram feed. as she sat down, she read a ridiculously hilarious one, and she tried so hard not to laugh. as a result, she snorted, and she clapped a hand over her mouth, hoping no one heard it. unfortunately for her, her table partner iwaizumi hajime heard it, and he threw her a curious glance.

thinking of how much he never really smiled, she decided to show him the post. she slid her phone over and said, "look at it."

the ravenette raised an eyebrow and looked at the post. slowly, his lips formed a smile. then a chuckle emerged from his throat.

"seriously, iwaizumi, you should smile more," she said, pulling out her earpieces, "it suits you."

"you think so?" iwaizumi asked, handing her phone back to her.

she nodded, keeping her phone in her pocket.

"i'll give you my number so you can send me more of these, then," he said.

ever since then, the two would talk, laugh at ridiculous posts they found on the internet social media, eat lunch, and do usual things friends did. slowly, as time passed, she fell for him.

that was, until he told her that he liked nagi sawabe.

she hid her sadness and slight jealousy, but they continued to hang out.

one day, after training, she walked out and was heading to the gate when she spotted someone sitting with his head low under the tree near the side of the school building.

"iwaizumi?" she said as she approached him.

"oh, hey," he said as he glanced up, "you're done with practice?"

she noticed that his eyes were rather red and puffy, with dried tears on his face.

"were you crying?" she asked as she sat down next to him.

he knew there wasn't really any point lying, for he knew he was easy to read, and he nodded in response.

"what happened?" she asked, "if you don't mind telling me."

"nagi rejected me," he said as tears formed in his eyes, "she went for oikawa instead."

"sorry to hear that," she whispered, not really knowing how she should be feeling, but enveloping him in a hug.

he hugged back, and gripped onto her uniform tightly, staining his tears on her shoulder.

"it seems like no one would fall for me," he said as he began to dry his tears and rest his chin on her shoulder, "not like it's surprising."

"are you kidding?" belinda said, pulling him away from the hug, "i fell in love with you within these two months!"

once those words left her mouth, she turned red and slapped a hand over her mouth.

"s-sorry, i should really get going," she muttered, getting her stuff up and preparing to leave.

"thanks," iwaizumi said, "it made my day."

suddenly, she had this strong urge in her to say something that popped up in her head.

"listen, hajime," she said, "i know this may sound stupid and one-sided, considering how you got... you know. anyway, i'm sure i can treat you better than her, and i'm sure i can help you get over it."

there was a moment of silence before he answered, "then let's date."

word count ; 633
date published ; 200517