studying sessions ; kimshi

sugawara: 14 turning 15, kimberly: 13 turning 14

snowflakes cascaded down from the slightly grey sky slowly. it was colder than usual, and it was a bad start to the year.

kimberly was buried under two thick layers of blankets and armed with hot chocolate and her phone, watching full metal alchemist. despite all the warmth she was getting, she still felt rather cold. she was waiting for a certain silver-haired setter to arrive to help her with her homework.

suddenly, the doorbell rang. slowly, she got up and inched her way towards the door to open it to see a red-nosed sugawara standing chin-deep in his scarf.

"hi," he said through his scarf, and she stepped aside to let him in, before swiftly closing the door after him.

"we can study upstairs in my room," she said, "i'll get us some more snacks."

she disappeared down the hallway to the kitchen and he trudged upstairs to her room.

x

"okay, what did you need help with?" he asked as she sat down with two packets of potato chips.

"geography," she said, before reaching down to take her textbook out, "especially map reading."

(idk if she's really weak in geography, it's just my guess ;; but let's face it my entire class hates map reading)  

he flipped to the chapter on map reading and was about to start tutoring her, when he sneezed.

"excuse me," he said awkwardly, before kimberly stood up again.

she walked towards her bed and fetched a blanket before walking back towards him and draping it around his shoulders. yes, she was cold, but he needed the blanket more than she did.

"better?" she asked.

"y-achoo!" he sneezed again, before rubbing his red nose, "s-sorry."

suddenly, a lightbulb went off in her head and got an idea on how to warm him up, but she felt rather awkward and embarrassed to do it. upon thinking of it, her face began to turn red.

(oya? what thought waves am i picking up here?)

"d-daijoubu?" sugawara asked as he saw her reddened face, "your face is really red."

"h-hai, watashi wa daijoubu," she answered, averting her gaze.

suddenly, she felt something warm envelop her hand and pull her down gently. it was sugawara. her face began to turn redder and she opened her mouth to say something.

however, before she could even say anything, something warm was being draped around her shoulders before his arm pulled her closer.

"there," he said with a smile, "now you'll be warm too."

"a-arigatou," she muttered, wrapping the blanket around her body tighter.

"doitashimashite," he said, "now, shall we begin?"

(suga pls don't)

word count: 378
date originally published: 020117
date republished: 090317

a/n: much kimshi written previously yokatta (i'm glad) c':

update ; oh my good lord i actually didn't know when to use "boku" and "watashi" pls stab me