letting go ; seven x reader

she stood watching them as they hugged and she planted a kiss on his cheek. that could have been her. where did everything go wrong and she ended up having to watch them act all lovey-dovey in front of her?

it was a well-known fact [b/f/n] liked the redhead, also known as saeyoung. trying to be the supportive friend that she is, [f/n] hooked them up, despite having feelings for the boy herself. she thought that if both of them were dating, she would probably be rid of those feelings that she felt. oh, how wrong she was.

as for saeyoung... well, he used to like [f/n]. however, when she brought him and [b/f/n] together, he thought she didn't have any feelings for him. it took him a while, but he moved on to [b/f/n], clearly oblivious to [f/n], who was always putting on a smile.

"how about meeting at the park after school? sounds good?" [b/f/n] asked as she pulled away from him.

he nodded, then turned and asked, "hey, [f/n], wanna come along?"

if he meant to come along and watch how couples normally act while she was being a third wheeler, that was a definite no.

she forced a smile, shook her head and answered, "i'm kinda busy after school. you guys can go on ahead without me."

"alright then," he said, before walking off with [b/f/n].

once they were gone, she fell to her knees and let her emotions take over. tears were running down her cheeks and splattering on her skirt and the ground. she had to face it.

once you let someone go, they're never coming back again.

word count: 265
originally published on: 080117
republished on: 100317