lies ; keirissa (pt. 2)

; optional !! this is a fluff ending c:

when akaashi had finished his reunion session with tea's sister, he couldn't find the girl anywhere. he then dialed her cell, hoping she would pick up.

"hello?"

her voice was shaky and choked, as though she had been crying, which she had.

"daijoubu-desu ka?" he asked.

"hai," she answered, "why don't we talk tomorrow? like face-to-face? i don't want to end stuff on the phone."

stuff? his eyes widened.

"tea—" he began.

the line went dead.

she really thought that he would run back to his ex?

he was indeed afraid to look into her eyes. they reminded him of his ex, whom he had been hurt by.

when she confessed, he convinced himself he would be able to feel the same way eventually. little did he know, he would run to the nurse's office whenever he heard that she was injured. when guys looked and talked about her, he felt jealous. he slowly and unknowingly fell for her.

meanwhile, tea felt that she was standing in the way of his and her sister's relationship. she felt that she needed to break up with him so he could be free to lover his ex again while she would be free of heartbreak.

x

for the whole entire day, she avoided him. she did not want to be reminded of the fact that he did not actually love her like she thought he did. or so she thought.

however, at the end of the school day, she decided to do it. break up with him and not torture herself any longer.

she headed towards the gym and poked her head through the doorway.

"k—akaashi?" she said, "could you come here for a second?"

he exited the gym and led her to the side of the building, which was hidden from view.

she took a breath. so this was it. ending her oh so wonderful two-month relationship with her first love, and probably her last.

"let's break up," she said, meeting his blue eyes with her dark brown ones.

"i won't let you," he said.

"why?" she muttered.

"i'll tell you why not," he said, "it's because i love you. you think i'd dump you for your sister? yes, it's true, i did love her, but that was a long time ago. she left me and cut off all forms of communication with me. i kept going back to the konbini to see if she would return, but she never did."

he paused.

"then you came along. you woke me up from this eternal dark tunnel i've been running through for what seemed like forever."

she was at a loss for words.

"i may not be able to look at you for who you are individually as of now, because i may still think of you as her," he said as he slowly stretched a hand out, "so will you give me another chance and wait for me?"

she reached a hand out and entwined her fingers with his.

"okay," she whispered, "i'll wait. days, weeks, months, years, whatever. as long as you can finally see me as who i am, tea [insert last name], i'm willing to wait."

his lips curved upwards to form a small smile.

the words that he said a long time ago were not lies, they were just truths meant for another person.

however, the words he had just said were not lies, they were truths meant for her and her alone.

word count ; 543
date published ; 180717

a/n ; lmao i didn't explain it before but if y'all didn't get it "konbini" is the japanese term of convenience store