where is your boy tonight ; character x reader

inspired by: where is your boy tonight ; fall out boy

when i wake up

[c/n] stood in the hallways, watching you and your boyfriend, [r/b/n] exchange words which made your face light up. seeing him plant a kiss on your lips made [c/n] turn away, hurt and dejected.

i'm willing to take my chances on

both of you had been best friends since you guys were born. you guys stuck together through thick and thin up till the third year of high school, which was when you got yourself a boyfriend. he thought he would never lose you. that's where he was wrong.

the hope i forget

sometimes, he wished that you were the sort of girls in those cliché romance movies that fell for her best friend. alas, you chose someone else instead, which dashed all his hopes.

that you hate him more than you notice

he would ask himself questions, like say, was he not good enough for you? did he not meet your expectations?

i wrote this for you (for you, so...)

one day, he received something in the mail. it was not any ordinary kind of mail. it was a scholarship to some fancy college in another prefecture. and if he were to accept, he had to move.

you need him, i could be him

at first, he decided he would give it some time, see how it goes. however, he learned that your interest had changed, and you were going to attend some college with your boyfriend.

i could be an accident but i'm still trying

it was then he decided to take up the scholarship. spending time away from you could probably help him exorcise memories that you two shared. the memories that he wanted to forget.

that's more than i can say for him

a few days later, with about two days to graduation, you and [r/b/n] broke up as you found out he was two-timing you. however, you never told [c/n] as you did not want to bother him with your petty problems. you decided to leave it till graduation, then you would tell him.

where is your boy tonight?

on the day of graduation, you decided to tell [c/n] about your break-up. recalling how you pretty much spent all your spare time with your ex-boyfriend and never talked to [c/n] made you overridden by guilt.

i hope he is a gentleman

you searched through the horde of graduating third years, but couldn't spot him. the idea of him going home early struck you, and you decided to tell your friends you were heading back first.

maybe he won't find out what i know

you headed to his house to find that he moved a few days ago. the new owner was nice and invited you in to sit for a snack or two, when she remembered that [c/n] had left a letter behind and told her to pass it to you if you came by.

you were the last good thing about this part of town

opening the letter, it read the following:

dear [f/n],
you've probably found out by now i've left. it's for the better, to stop myself from falling deeper for you when you are already in a relationship.
well, i've left for somewhere else as i have accepted a scholarship to a college there. don't worry about me, i'll be fine.
thank you for being there for me ever since we were kids. i remember the time i broke my arm once and you were there to help me out with almost everything.
i'm sorry for not telling you that i was leaving. you seemed happy with [r/b/n], and i didn't want you to get upset over this.
thank you for everything you've done for me.
i love you.
- [c/n]

tears rolled down you cheeks as you finished reading his letter.

"once you let someone go, they're never coming back."

word count: 660
date published: 150417

a/n: hahaha i'm sorry for two angsts in one day !! decided to write this after i recalled the day we heard this song in music class and tea told me the title lmao ,,,, also i feel the need to write more songfics bc i luv songfics (angst is still first tho, fluff is second)