karaoke ; haikyuu

qq, akaashi, shanz and hinata sat, completely terrified. everyone else in the room, except them, were drunk and high. qq couldn't drink because she was allergic, and she wouldn't have wanted to drink anyway, while the three chose to be sensible and not drink.

the four were the current "parents" in charge, and they never thought that their idea of a nice karaoke session could escalate this quickly.

jam was high and began picking the songs after having gulped a mouthful of melon soda with vodka.

"oh my god! let me sing that!" tea yelled as she shoved jam out of the way and hit a particular song.

she bounced into an empty spot next to akaashi and swung an arm around his neck, before singing, "and i~ will always love yooouuuuu~"

akaashi sweatdropped with his face bright red as qq clapped a hand over her mouth and whipped her phone out to record.

"keijiii," she slurred, resting her head on his shoulder, "you will always love me, right?"

"u-uhm..." the ravenette said, "y-yes..."

she lifted her head to give a lopsided grin before resting her head on his shoulder again. zarrin was left singing alone while swaying side to side with kuroo.

"okay, it's our turn now," qq said, going over to the controls, "i'll pick the song."

"but qq," zarrin whined, taking another swig of champagne, "i wanna sing 'rap god'."

"you guys have been singing melanie martinez, twenty one pilots and fall out boy for the past thirty minutes straight while drinking wine," qq said, "and 'where is your boy tonight' isn't even here. so i'll make a song pick now."

she searched for a certain song and her eyes widened. she let out a scream and tapped that song. she hopped back into her seat as the song began to play.

"history maker oh my god!" zarrin screamed.

"can you hear! my heartbeat!" the girls began to scream, "tired of feeling! never enough! i! close my eyes! tell myself that my dreams will come true!"

hinata began yelling along with them while the drunken guys didn't know what to think and akaashi wanted to bury himself into the carpet and die.

"there'll be no more darkness when you believe in! yourself you are unstoppable! where your destiny lies! dancing on the blades you set my heart on fire!"

akaashi was the only sane person left, and he was going to suffer.

"don't stop us now! the moment of truth! we were! born to make history! we'll make it happen! we'll turn it around! yes we were born to make history!"

the girls were literally screaming throughout the entire thing, and when the song ended, akaashi made sure he was the one to pick the next song.

he picked some japanese song, which daichi took the mic along with hinata, and they began to sing.

here was how things stood.

sarah and yams were sitting in the corner, with him resting his head against his shoulders, and her still kind of drunk.

daichi and hinata were singing really off-key.

shanz and jam were snapchatting. (jam was half dead though.)

zan was slugging more alcohol with zarrin and kuroo's arm was draped around zarrin's waist.

tea was resting her head against a suffering akaashi.

qq was downing another mug of milo as kageyama sat down next to her, and in his drunken stuptor, rested his head against her arm.

for a moment, she thought it was shanz, but it wasn't.

"are you... okay?" she asked as she set her cup down carefully without having his head roll off her arm.

"yeah," he said, his words a bit incoherent, "let me sleep on your arm."

"um, okay?" she said, leaning back into the sofa as he closed his eyes.

daichi and hinata had finished their song, and now zarrin had control over the songs again.

she had picked 'miss jackson' and was now singing loudly and going out of tune every now and then.

those who were still in the right state of mind sat, silently dying on the inside.

this was going to be a long ride.

word count ; 692
date published ; 120617

a/n ; a result of wednesday's session ,, and does tea is gay ,, also dw guys the sketing one is still in progress