forever and always ; shonnon

shanz hugged her knees close to her chest. she had a bad week, and having friends who were downright busy was not helping the situation. she let out a soft sob, rocking herself back and forth. if only someone knew about her situation right now...

x

walking in the campus and into the lecture hall, she held her books close to her chest tightly, head held high, trying to show confidence. however, her eyes said otherwise. they screamed the word "pain" continuously, and only the most caring and observant could see it.

"shanz? are you okay?"

flinching slightly due to a hand poking her, she turned to meet a pair of brown eyes.

"yeah, i'm fine," she nodded and gave a brief smile, befote returning her gaze to the textbook.

hinata knew something was up. whenever someone said they're fine, especially if it was a girl, they're definitely not okay.

"hey," he said, "look at me."

his voice had a serious tone to it, unlike all the other times when he was loud and cheerful.

she refused to meet his eye and lowered her head some more, saying, "i said, i'm fine."

"look at me," hinata said, this time more stern.

she gave in and glanced up at his face, which was dead serious. suddenly, his face softened as he opened his arms out to give her a hug. a lot of people were staring, not like any of them bothered. class was not about to start anytime soon until another ten minutes or so, anyway.

tears began streaming down her face openly as she hugged him back tightly, conveying the message "i need you".

he did get the message, and he began rubbing soothing circles on her back as a response.

"it's okay, let it all out," he assured her as a hand ran up to pat her head.

she buried her face into his chest as she gripped onto his jacket, letting silent tears flow. all of her emotions came spilling out at that moment.

he knew that she really needed him at this point, so he said, "it's okay to cry, and it's definitely okay be weak. no one is an iron wall, impossible to break. everyone has their own limitations, even you. so stop beating yourself up, and let me help you."

she peeled her face away from him to glance up at him. he gave a gentle smile as he wiped her tears away with his thumb.

"everything's going to be okay, right?" she choked out, "you're going to stay by me, right?"

he nodded, "forever and always."

word count: 432
date published: 150417

a/n: i tried