colours ; shonnon

; soulmate au where one's hair colour changes to whatever colour his/her soulmate dyes it to

hinata gaped at his reflection in the mirror. his hair was dyed pastel pink.

he let out a little groan and stared off into the ceiling resolutely.

"nii-chan, breakfast is ready!" natsu yelled from the living room.

"coming!" hinata yelled back.

his was already dreading the day which hasn't even begun yet.

x

"oh! hinata!" sugawara said with a smile as hinata entered the gym, "you dyed your hair!"

"m-my soulmate did," hinata muttered, touching his hair self-consciously.

"pink hair? really?" kageyama said, staring at hinata.

"it's my soulmate! they were the one who dyed it pink!" hinata whined.

"what kind of look are you aiming for now, hinata?" tsukishima snickered from his corner of the gym, "pink shrimp?"

"s-shut up stingyshima!" hinata yelled.

"okay guys! we're leaving in ten minutes!" daichi said, picking his duffel bag off the ground.

they were having a practice match against aoba johsai that day, and ths definitely wasn't the day to make a good first impression with pink hair.

x

the team stepped into the gym, taking in their surroundings. it was definitely much bigger than their own gym.

kindaichi and kunimi were at the corner of the gym, and they were looking at hinata the whole time while whispering.

"what do they want?" hinata muttered as he instinctively hid behind kageyama, who was getting pissed off with the shorter male with each passing second.

suddenly, a pastel-pink haired girl opened the doors and entered the gym.

"is hanamaki-san here?" she asked, looking around the gym.

"no, he's somewhere with matsukawa-san," kindaichi said, "probably doing something gay with him."

"aww! i wanted to show him my new hair!" the girl whined, "i just dyed it last night! i'm literally a pink fluffy unicorn right now!"

suddenly, kageyama caught sight of her and prodded hinata rather roughly.

"o-oi, dumbass, you'd better have a look at this," he said, his gaze not leaving the girl.

"stop calling me a dumbass!" hinata said, before looking up and catching sight of the self-proclaimed unicorn girl.

"also, shanz, i think you'd better look that way," kunimi said, nodding towards hinata's direction.

"what? where?" shanz said, glancing at the direction kunimi pointed to.

the two locked eyes for a brief moment before hinata said, "you're the one that dyed your hair!"

"it's a nice colour!" shanz said, patting her hair, "i've always wanted to do this!"

hinata frowned, "well i don't want my hair to be pink!"

"appreciate it!" shanz yelled, "it makes one look like a pink fluffy unicorn!"

hinata folded his arms and huffed, "whatever. i'm hinata shoyo!"

"i'm shanz," the girl said, "and you're never getting rid of this pink hair!"

"i'm going to dye it back!" hinata yelled.

"what colour would it be?"

"orange!"

"no! pink is better!"

"orange is better!"

"no! pink is best! fight me!"

"orange is best!"

"pink!"

"orange!"

"pink!"

"orange!"

"pink!"

"orange!"

"pink for the sake of all the unicorns!"

"..what?"

word count ; 499
date published ; 260317

a/n ; i had to republish this wattpad is being an ass