marraige ; kimshi

(all the bs i do that leads to this :))

; child! sugawara x child! kimberly

at a young age, sugawara knew what "love" meant. he was definitely a sensible boy and understood most things kids his age didn't understand.

why did he understand what love was, you ask? part of it was because many people explained what love was to him, a feeling that cannot be easily comprehended, an attraction one feels towards someone else, ecetra.

the other part of the reason was because he himself fell in love.

funny, isn't it? how a young boy fell in love at a young age?

infatuation, you say? no. it was pure, agape, true love.

he had his eyes on a girl just a year younger than him and was also his next-door neighbour. her name was kimberly.

when he was younger, he would always be the one looking over her, like a big brother would do. kimberly herself had a sister, but she was in elementary school by then, and she couldn't really keep an eye on her little sister. that's why sugawara was always next to kimberly.

kimberly herself knew what love was and harboured those feelings for sugawara.

it was a fine spring day, and sugawara and kimberly were sitting under the tree in his backyard, picking any random stray flower they see on the grass.

"ne, kimberly-chan?" he said, "do you love someone?"

"of course i do," she said, "i love my parents."

"no, not that kind of love," he said, "i meant love as in love love. you know, when you love someone."

she blushed and answered, "i-i guess i do."

"me too," sugawara said as he bent down to pick another flower, before standing up straight to face her, "and i love you!"

she went pink and whispered, "me too."

giving a small laugh, he walked up to her and took the band that held her hair up into a neat ponytail off, letting her hair fall past her shoulders. he folded the band into half, forming two smaller rings, then placing it on her fourth finger.

"we're married now because we love each other!" he said with a grin.

"we're only kids, koushi," she said with a slight giggle, "and besides, it's not a real ring."

"when i'm older, i'll buy you a real ring!" he said excitedly, "and i'll marry you for real!"

she smiled and whispered, "i'll be waiting until then."

word count ; 396
date published ; 020517

a/n ; this was kinda weird and ooc of suga but yeah