memories ; tobi-q (pt. 5)

(no one's gonna die okay)

kageyama had arranged yet another "date" to bring qq to the sakura tree the both of them would go to to see in spring.

he stood under the tree. sakura petals were falling, and they were going to be gone. summer was coming.

footsteps could be heard coming from behind him. he whirled around to see qq running up the hill, panting.

"s-sorry i'm late!" she said.

"it's okay," he said, before turning to face the tree again.

qq walked over slowly and stood beside him, watching the pink petals fall slowly to the ground.

"this is the tree we usually visit during the first day of spring to watch the falling sakuras," he explained, not taking his eyes away from the tree.

there was silence between them.

"hey, kageyama?" she said.

he gave a soft hum as a response.

"w-what if i don't remember who you are?" she asked, "n-not that i don't want to, it's just..."

he glanced down at her to see her fiddling with her scarf.

"you know. it's just harder to remember who you are to me," she said.

"it's okay," he said finally, a red tint on his cheeks, "i won't blame you."

thoughts whirled through his mind. she did have a point. what if she doesn't manage to remember him? all the times they had would be forgotten.

he shook his head as if to clear those negative thoughts away when suddenly, a thought from quite some time back hit him.

"hey kags, do you believe in true love's kiss?"

"boke, that's bullshit used in disney stuff."

"but do you even believe it?"

"no. do you?"

"nah, not really. at least, i don't think so. i mean, isn't it funny how a kiss can solve everything?"

that's right. true love's kiss.

if he were to check every single box on helping her regain her memories, he should tick every single one.

"n-ne, qq?" he said.

"hmm?" she said, glancing up at him.

"w-what if i knew a way to help you get your memories back?" he asked, "and you wouldn't have approved it before because you found it ridiculous?"

"there's a way?" she asked, her eyes shimmering with hope.

"i-i said 'if'!" he said defensively, "i don't know if it'll work!"

she thought about it for a while before saying, "well, we can give it one shot!"

he looked at her, gobsmacked.

"a-are you sure?" he asked.

"two hundred percent sure," she said, "now, what is it?"

word count: 383
date published: 290317

a/n: one more part to go yay