lies ; keirissa (pt. 1)

every word he said-those were not lies. they were truths, just meant for someone else.

she had left the house quietly, like she always does. white t-shirt and beige bermudas on, with black slippers. tea headed towards the kobini, wanting to get an iced lemon tea. she and her sister had had yet another argument, and she always went outside just to not be in the same premises as her.

she stopped short a few meters away from her destination upon seeing the sight before her.

a raven-haired male sat near the steps of the konbini, a vanilla ice-cream in hand. his eyes were focused on the night sky above.

"h-hey," she said, "your ice cream is melting."

his head turned to face her. she gestured towards the melting dessert to prove her point.

his blue eyes darted from the delicacy back to her, then looking at her up and down as though studying her like a difficult math problem.

"what's your name?" he asked.

"tea," she responded, a little weirded out by his sudden question.

from that night on, she came outside to meet him, akaashi keiji, at the same konbini. they would talk and make dumb jokes. she even found out he attended the same high school as her, and he was just a year above her.

tea soon found herself falling for him. what was there to not like? his eyes, rare smiles, face; he was literally the definition of flawless.

so she confessed. little did she know, akaashi liked her back and accepted her confession.

they began dating. they did everything together and they were the perfect couple.

however, tea found it a little annoying how he never looked into her eyes.

it was not because he did not like her eyes. they were indeed beautiful yet mysterious at the same time.

it was because he could not bring himself to, because her eyes reminded him of his ex's eyes.

x

two months into their relationship, tea's sister collapsed and was sent to the hospital. diagnosed with the final stage of cancer and was beyond the point of recovering, she had one month left to live.

she decided she had to tell her little sister everything. about her going to the konbini that was near their home, and how she and a certain blue-eyed ravenette met and fell in love.

x

"keiji, are you busy at the moment?" tea said as she swung a mechanical pencil between her fingers while staring at her sketch of bakugou in front of her.

"yeah, why?" akaashi's voice replied.

"could you meet me at the kobini near my house?" she asked, "i want to take you somewhere."

"like a date?" he chuckled.

"kind of," she answered, setting the pencil down, "and i promise you'll be very happy."

x

the two walked into the foyer of the hospital. they made their way to the lift, and she hit a certain button. the doors closed.

"so we're here to see someone?" he asked.

"no," she answered as the doors opened, "you're meeting them."

they walked down a corridor and stopped in front of a door. she pushed the door open and he stepped inside. her sister took her eyes off the book she was clutching in her hands to meet his eyes.

he turned back to face tea and asked, "are you sure?"

she closed her eyes, turned away from him and nodded.

he walked forward and wrapped his arms around his ex-lover. tea opened her eyes and glanced over at them. he looked as though he was protecting his whole universe in his arms. after all, he was then with who he truly loved.

she turned and exited the room to be spared of the heartbreak. leaning and sliding her back down against the wall, she buried her face into her knees, letting her tears stain her jeans.

the words he used to compliment her-those were not lies, they were just truths meant for someone else.

she had been a fool to fall for them.

and when she brought him to ger sister, it broke one heart and saved another.

word count ; 694
date published ; 160717

a/n ; should i do the part 2 (it's optional tho)