you are my sunshine ; qianru

you are my sunshine

as everyone knows, oikawa's ex-girlfriend broke up with him as she thought oikawa was spending way too much time playing volleyball instead of spending time with her. after he got dumped, he didn't know what to do.

my only sunshine

that was when qian came in. she spent every moment she could to be by oikawa's side and cheer him up, humour him, and ship him with iwaizumi. she was the one who put the smile on his face and made him so much happier and free. and it was also when oikawa fell in love again, and so did she.

you make me happy

finally, they got together. oikawa was the one who initiated the kiss and confessed, before asking her out. of course, it was only natural of qian to say yes. they began dating and doing everything together, but qian still shipped her boyfriend with his best friend. not like there was anything oikawa could do to stop her.

when skies are grey

they dated for many years, and qian left to go to england to study music. now, this one night, she was coming back, and she texted oikawa about it. the brunette was now excited and began preparing the house while waiting for her return.

you never know, dear

"ding dong!" went the doorbell.

"hai!" oikawa yelled and rushed to open the door.

to his surprise, instead of seeing his girlfriend, there was a policewoman standing there.

how much i love you

"do you know a woman by the name of qian?" she asked.

"yes, she's my girlfriend, and she just got off the plane a few minutes ago-" he began.

so please don't take

"i'm sorry to inform you that she was involved in a car accident," the policewoman interrupted him in mid-sentence.

"she was what?" oikawa asked, his voice shaking.

"she was involved in a car accident," she repeated, "my condolences."

my sunshine

oikawa dropped to his knees, tears falling from his eyes. he buried his face in his hands and wept. oh, how bad he wished qian was still alive, safe in his embrace.

he could wish all he wanted.

away...

but there was no way of bringing her back.

word count: 349
date published: 240317