for you ; tadarah

sarah's weakest subject was geography. she had bombed the previous term's papers and needed to buck up. otherwise, there goes her chances for getting into the best class next year.

the only way she could improve tremendously was to get a tutor. who else did she ask than yamaguchi tadashi? he was not only intelligent, kind, and adorable (in her eyes), he was also her crush.

"yamaguchi?" she said as she walked up to him after school.

"hai?" the freckled male answered.

"c-could you help me with geography?" she asked, "please?"

"okay," he answered, managing not to stutter himself. the truth was, he had liked her for a long time as well, but he never dared to confess, considering how soft-spoken he was.

"thank you!" she said, "um, well, could we start today? that is, if you don't have practice?"

"yeah, it was cancelled last minute," he answered.

that was how the two ended up in her room on wednesdays and fridays, studying together. and well, blushing at unintentional occasional contact.

"can't you just confess?" qq asked for what seemed like the millionth time, "it's obvious he likes you too!"

"he's just being nice," she said, "and anyway, let's face it. he's gay for tsukishima."

"no! tsukki likes van!" she yelled protectively, punching her arm.

so she never confessed. she was afraid to ruin their current stable friendship as of now.

one day, on a wednesday, yamagchi got a message, saying that they had last minute cram practice for the tokyo training camp with nekoma, fukurodani and other schools. which meant he had to cancel on sarah. he messaged her, and she read it without responding.

was she... mad?

"don't you have tutoring sessions with sarah today?" tsukishima asked as he stared ahead resolutely while walking to the gym with yamaguchi.

"yeah, but i told her we have practice later," his friend answered as he stared down at the blue ticks on his message, indicating that she had seen it, "i hope she's not mad."

"just go. i'll cover up for you," tsukishima said.

"what? no way!" yamaguchi cried, looking up at the tall blonde, "you'll get into trouble!"

"at most, i'll run three laps around the gym. outside," he said, shooting a sidelong glance at the green-haired male, "just go. and don't make me run laps for nothing."

yamaguchi's brown eyes sparkled with gratefulness and a huge grin found its way to his face.

"arigatou tsukki!" he said as he turned on his heel to run off to her house.

he would make this all right, for sure.

x

sarah holed herself up him her room, staring at the open geography textbook. she was supposed to be studying, but her heart was somewhere else.

she shouldn't be angry. after all, he had practice. and practice was way more important than tutoring poor little her.

she shook her head and eyed the words in the book. she was going to study without him. she wad going to be able to do this. she was going to—

ding dong!

since her parents were out working, it just left her alone to open the door. even though she felt like crap and didn't want to budge.

she dragged herself down the strairs and opened the door.

there stood in all his freckled glory, yamaguchi tadashi.

her eyes widened. this was not the time for him to see her like this. her hair was in a tangled mess, and she looked like she was suffering from the stomach flu. she was wearing a slightly oversized black shirt and shorts. god damn it, why was he here, of all times?

"why are you here?" she managed to choke out.

"please let me explain myself," he said.

she swallowed.

"come in, then you can talk," she said in a rather strained voice.

she held the door open for him and he walked in, taking off his shoes in the genkan. she closed the door and led him into the living room.

they sat on the carpet on the floor in a few moments of silence.

"first of all, i'm sorry," he whispered, "for cancelling on you. it wasn't nice of me."

she shook her head, "it's fine. practice is more important than tutoring me."

"no, it's not," he said, causing her to snap her head up to gaze into his hazel orbs, "you're more important. that's why i skipped practice. to spend time with you, help you, and well..."

he swallowed while hesitating.

"i like you."

her eyes widened. did he just...?

"i like you. a lot. since forever. i just didn't know how to tell you. and when you told me you needed help, i agreed. one, i would be helping you, and two, i would be spending more time with you."

silence.

he sweatdropped as he said, "i-i mean, if you don't feel the same way, that's fine!"

she shook her head, "i like you too, tadashi."

"you... do?" he said, a little surprised and happy.

she smiled a little as a faint blush spread out across her slightly chubby cheeks, "yeah."

"jaa... w-will you go out with m-me?" he asked, his face growing redder by each passing second.

she nodded.

everything that he did was for her, and for her only. and he was glad she was now his.

word count ; 892
date published ; 270717

a/n ; hA @yams i told you i would do it