height ; tobi-q

kageyama: 17, qq: 16

the two girls stood in front of the machine, deciding what to drink for recess.

"i just realized something," qq said, "anime guys who drink strawberry milk tend to grow over 180 cm. like karma."

"really?" van asked, staring at her.

"yeah," qq answered, "even kageyama drinks strawberry milk and he's like 180 cm tall."

van immediately slot her coin into the hole and pressed the button for strawberry milk, before collecting the beverage.

"so milo or strawberry milk?" qq debated, glancing through the glass, before saying, "well, since i want to get taller, i'll get the strawberry milk."

she did the same as van, then collected her drink.

"let's do this for a month," qq said excitedly as van nodded.

"why are you two drinking strawberry milk all of a sudden?" a voice asked.

the two spun around to see kageyama standing there.

"well, since you and karma both drink strawberry milk and grew to at least 180 cm, we want to try drinking strawberry milk for a month and see if we grow taller!" qq answered, poking her straw through the hole and sipping the pink drink through her straw.

kageyama furrowed his eyebrows and he made his way to the machine. he slot a coin into the machine, then pressed the button for strawberry milk before collecting his beloved drink at the bottom of the machine.

"i'll be going first!" van said with a grin before skipping away, "kags seems to wanna talk to you!"

confused, qq turned around to see kageyama looking down at her with his eyebrows still knitted together while drinking his milk.

"dou shita no?" qq asked.

(t: "dou shita no" means "what's wrong" in japanese ; "dou shita" also means the same thing)  

he stopped drinking and averted his gaze before turning slightly pink.

"i... i don't want you to change," he mumbled, hoping she didn't hear what he said.

qq's sharp hearing caught it, though, and she didn't get it.

"change what?" she asked.

"y-your height!" kageyama blurted out, "i like your height! i like you being short!"

her cheeks burned before she calmed herself down and said slowly, "kags, i'm one of the shortest few in class, and i just want to grow taller than levi. i don't want to remain this short for the rest of my life. but i don't want to be too tall either."

"you mean it?" he asked, glancing down at her.

she nodded.

"a-alright then," he mumbled.

"geez, you're such a tsundere," she laughed, about to drink out of her packet of milk.

suddenly, she felt a pair of arms envelop her into a warm hug. naturally, she wrapped her arms around him to give him a reassuring squeeze.

"i promised, didn't i?" she said, "now stop being such a crybaby, okay?"

he let go of her and muttered, "dai suki."

(t: "dai suki" means "i really love you", "i love you a lot" or "I love you very much" in japanese, "dai" meaning "really", "a lot" or "very much" [basically huge in quantity], and suki meaning "i love you")  

she blushed slightly before saying, "i heard that."

"u-urusai, qq."

word count: 441
date originally published: 050117
date republished: 090317

a/n: i tried the strawberry milk for a month but i dIDN'T GROW I CRI ;; also just one more oneshot for the night then i'll go to bed