sweet sorrow ; saeshan

requested by: caramelchips

shanz stepped out of the gates of the arrival hall. she had just arrived in south korea to visit her online friend and crush, seven, or luciel, for a week. for this period of time, she would be staying at his apartment as a guest. the two met through some online messenger, and they immediately hit it off. day by day, the girl fell for him, but never dared to confess.

"shanz!"

her eye caught sight of a redhead waving his arms wildly in huge circles, attracting lots of attention. not that she really minded.

"seven!" she exclaimed, rushing forward.

"so we finally meet, huh?" he said, grinning.

"i guess," she answered.

"have you eaten yet?" he asked, "because man, i'm starving!"

"let's go grab some ramen!" she said, eyes twinkling.

he gave a nod as he said, "race you there!"

x

"i'm home!" seven yelled as they stepped into his apartment.

"welcome back," came a voice.

it belonged to a girl with long brown hair and amber eyes. she had fair skin and had a pretty face and a rather good body shape, like most stereotypical korean girls. she was wearing a white cardigan and jeans, as well as a pair of socks.

automatically, shanz gave her a friendly grin, like she normally does when she meets someone new.

"shanz, meet my girlfriend chae-won," seven said proudly, "chae-won, this is shanz."

shanz' jaw tightened when she heard the word 'girlfriend'. nonetheless, she continued smiling at chae-won.

"it's nice to meet you," the brunette said with a friendly smile, "luciel told me so much about you!"

"he never told me he had a girlfriend!" the ravenette said, faking a cheeky grin as she elbowed seven, "cheeky, aren't you?"

but deep down, her heart had already been shattered, almost impossible to be put together again.

x

for the next few days, shanz tried to avoid contact with seven. she hid in her room, went out alone, and did whatever she could to stay away from him.

until one night, she heard some yelling downstairs.

she was watching a bunch of youtube videos when she heard a male voice shouting, followed by a female voice yelling back. they were arguing in korean, so she obviously didn't know what they were yelling about. there was a slam, and the house went silent again. slowly, she set her phone away and exited her room to the living room, curious.

her eyes widened when she saw seven sitting on the sofa,staring straight ahead, with tears running down his cheeks.

quickly, she rushed to his side and sat down next to him.

"hey," she said softly, "are you okay?"

seven turned to face her, then grabbed her into a tight hug. she was caught off-guard, but she still put her arms around him and patted him on the back.

"what happened?" she asked.

"chae-won, she... she cheated on me for this other guy," he blurted out as tears continued to flow, "and then she said she didn't even love me, and then she left me!"

she continued patting his back, not sure of what to say. finally, after what seemed like forever, she said, "don't worry, you still have me."

"please don't leave me," he whispered as he pulled her closer to him.

"i won't. i promise," she said, hugging him back just as tight.

word count: 526
date published: 050417

a/n: lmao i'm sorry for the long wait