weird ; qianru

qian walked along the halls of aoba johsai, heading towards the volleyball gym. oikawa happened to come from the opposite direction, and she thought of a prank to play on him.

"hey oikawa," she said with a grin, "guess what?"

"nani?" he asked, his brown eyes showing interest.

"i can speak whale," she said proudly.

her fingers formed an "o" shape and placed it close to her mouth, before making whale noises.

"ehh?" oikawa said as qian continued howling.

"see?" she said, before making the same whale noises again.

that was when oikawa realised she was pranking him, so he decided to play along as well.

"well, guess what?" he said excitedly, "i can speak alien!"

he took a deep breath and began saying "doo" repeatedly as qian made whale noises.

suddenly, a head popped out of the gym.

"oi, trashikawa," iwaizumi said, "stop making those annoying-as-fuck noises and get your ass in here."

"doo?" oikawa said, turning to face his best friend.

"oo oo oo," qian added, "oo oo oo oo oo!"

"doo doo doo!" he said, grinning at her.

that was when a tiny smirk appeared on the wing spiker's face, and he began making "gorilla" noises. even matsukawa and hanamaki came out to join the fun.

extended ending:

shanz was standing there the whole time, filming the five of them making inhuman noises, before the four volleyballers got called in by the coach. she tapped on some messenger app to contact her online friend from korea.

shanz: hey hey hey

707: lolol hey there

shanz: can you help me with something?

707: what is it?

shanz: help me hack into this school website and post a video for me.

shanz: please?

707: sounds fun

707: i'm in

707: send me the link and the video ^-^

the following day, a video was posted on the official aoba johsai school website.

it was the video of the four volleyballers and qian doing those weird noises.

the caption read "lolol hi i'm just here to post a video~ enjoy~"

that was the day the volleyball club became famous for having a very "chill" team.

word count: 345
date published: 290317

a/n: ok so i had this idea while we were doing music composition writing bc in our song we had these fast running notes and shanz said we should sing "woo" at those sections and i was thinking how it sounded like a humpback whale and imagined qian doing that and oikawa doing those "doo doo doo" noises