hairstyling ; kimshi

sugawara: 18, kimberly: 15

she untied her hair again, feeling frustrated. she had been trying to do this hairstyle that her cca (co-curricular activity) required. first, she would have to tie part of her hair into an inverted ponytail, then french braid her hair altogether. the hairstyle would then have a flower crown pinned down to the sides of the head with small black pins. easier said than done.

"are you okay?"

she faced upwards to see a concerned face staring down at her. it was sugawara.

"yeah, i'm fine," she answered, "it's just that this hairstyle is difficult to do..."

"could i try?" he asked.

she nodded, turning around so her back faced him as he sat down.

"do you have a reference picture or a description?" he asked.

she pulled out her phone and went to the group chat to search for the picture. some of the other members had already taken pictures of them in their hairstyles and sent them, as instructed by the teacher-in-charge. she handed him the phone before he studied it and handed it back to her.

he took the comb that she had left lying on the ground and combed her tangled dark brown locks before taking part of her hair and tying it into the inverted ponytail. slowly, he weaved her hair into the french braid and tied it neatly, not leaving a single strand aside. finishing that, he took the flower crown from the bag and placed it on her head, before securing it with the pins in the box. once he completed his task, he gave her shoulders a light squeeze and said, "all done."

she checked her reflection using her phone before glancing up at him.

"so... is it okay?" he asked, twiddling his thumbs nervously.

"it's beautiful," she said with a smile, "thank you. oh yes, before i forget, could you help me take a picture of me, the front and back?"

"s-sure," he answered, taking the phone from her.

she turned and let her back face him as he took a picture.

"alright, now turn around," he instructed.

the bespectacled girl turned around before directing a small smile at the camera. sugawara's face began to flush as he said, "Three, two, one, cheese...!"

he clicked the "capture" button before handing the phone back to her.

"thank you," she said and managed another smile unintentionally, sending the poor boy's face turning pink again.

"y-you're welcome," he said, averting his gaze while his face continued to turn red.

word count: 397
date originally published: 171117
date republished: 230217

a/n: i thank kami-sama that they changed the hairstyle (in like january ???) and took out the flower crowns wew