coaching ; keirissa

; with help from shanz on some of the softball stuff

"oh my god mom hurry up!" shanz yelled from her spot at the home base.

they were playing softball, girls versus guys. tea was the batter, and she had been standing there for the past ten minutes trying but failing to hit a single ball. mainly because her stance and the way she held the bat were wrong.

"stand with your left facing the front!" jam had yelled countless times.

did tea listen? of course not.

zan pitched the ball again, and tea missed it. yet again.

"mom, you suck on a spiritual level," qq snickered.

"shush it," tea said, swinging the bat, "i will be able to do it."

"you missed the ball for like forever," zan said.

wordlessly, akaashi stepped forward. since he was the home base fielder, he might as well help her out, right?

"tea-san, you're doing it wrongly," he said gently, placing his hands over hers, "your hands are supposed to be at the lower part of the bat, with your dominant hand on top. and as for your stance..."

he patiently corrected her hands, then placed his hands on her shoulders, guiding her and correcting her like how a good boyfriend does.

"thanks keiji," she said as he stepped back.

"you're welcome," he said.

zan pitched the ball and tea managed to hit it for an almost home run. the girls heaved a sigh of relief.

the fielders began scrambling for the ball and it was thrown back to akaashi. tea was nearing the base, and he could just tag her out.

as he lurched forward to tap her, she swerved sideways to try and avoid him. in the process, she tripped over th stray bat that she had left on the ground prior to the run.

the ravenette's immediate and gentlemanly response was to grab her hand and lightly pull her back. however, he used a little too much strength. the force pulled her backwards, sending her falling straight into his arms and them tumbling onto the ground in a heap. her eyes slammed shut.

when she opened them again, she glanced up to see his concerned face staring down at her, with his arms wrapped around her waist, holding her close and tight to him.

"daijoubu desu ka?" he asked, his blue eyes scanning her face.

"genki desu," she answered.

he breathed a sigh of relief and untangled his arms from her, allowing them to stand up. her face was flushed bright red.

suddenly, she felt a tap on her shoulder.

"by the way, you're out," he said.

word count ; 427
date published ; 310717

a/n ; why doesn't anyone update anymore