annoying ; tobi-q

annoying. that's what people thought of her, and that's she thought of herself too.

she felt that every part of her was annoying. her personality, how she was just a clingy asshole. her voice, how it was so damn loud, high-pitched, and just really annoying in general. especially when it's recorded in a video.

she thought her friends hated her at some level, because of how annoying she was. she thought that was why they sometimes ignored her.

this one day, she was sitting on the couch, eating some seaweed-flavoured chips while reading a book, she heard someone's phone ring. it definitely wasn't hers, and it could only be kageyama's. and when she heard it ring, she wanted it to shut the fuck up.

it was a repeated recording of her saying his first name.

she mentally cringed as he walked over to answer it.

why did he set that as his ringtone? she asked herself as she proceeded with her reading, i sound like a whiny bitch. and when did he even record it?

"tobio-chan," she said finally as she snapped her book shut and he ended his call, "what was up with that ringtone?"

his face burned as his brain racked for a response.

"w-why do you ask?" he asked, his tone coming off as annoyed.

"i find it annoying," she said, "my voice. it sounds like a fucking whiny-ass bitch who wants attention and... i just hate it. end of."

his eyebrows furrowed. she found her own voice annoying...?

"you... don't like your voice?" he said slowly, stuffing his phone into his pocket as he slid into the empty spot next to her.

"duh," she answered, opening her book up again, "doesn't everyone?"

he shook his head as pink dusted his cheeks.

"i-i don't find it annoying!" he said, averting his gaze as she shifted her gaze from the text onto him without moving her head, "it's... cute! and not annoying! not as annoying as hinata's! your voice is like you!"

"so you're saying i'm as annoying as my voice," she said, turning her gaze back to the book, "'kay. i can live with that."

"no!" he yelled, snatching the book away, causing her to flip her gaze to him again, "i said your voice is cute! and so are you!" — at this point his face began to flush a bright shade of red, just like the nekoma jersey — "you're cute! you look cute! your squishy cheeks are cute! and um... you're just! cute!"

her face began to flush before she took the book back and she managed to shoot him a small grin, "thanks. even though i'm not as cute as you think."

"shut up, dumbass," he said, wrapping an arm around her as he turned his head the other way to hide his red face, "you are cute."

word count ; 479
date published ; 100617

a/n ; the skating thing is still in progress ,, and i shld do an iwaoi bc it'S IWA-CHAN'S BDAY