you belong with me ; qianru

you're on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upset

there was yelling coming from the neighbouring house again. it has been like this for a while now, with oikawa fighting with his girlfriend over the phone. so far, they have been able to miraculously make up with oikawa's "i'm sorry, baby, please forgive me".

she's going off about something that you said

however, this time, it was different. she was yelling at him about how he doesn't try to put any effort into their relationship and how it was so strained. of course, oikawa started yelling back at her for not being considerate about his daily schedule and some other things.

'cause she doesn't get your humor like i do

qian was next door, trying to do her homework in peace. truth is, she had a huge crush on oikawa ever since they were kids. however, he told her one day that he was dating some girl, and qian had to pretend to be supportive.

i'm in my room, it's a typical tuesday night

ever since then, qian had lesser time with oikawa. almost every day, she saw him coming back with his girlfriend. the laughter and usual banter between the two childhood friends slowly faded away as time passed.

i'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like

qian could never understand how oikawa could fall for someone like his current girlfriend. she was clingy as hell and never gave him any freedom at all. nevertheless, she was definitely jealous.

and she'll never know your story like i do

qian knew oikawa like the back of her hand. she knew what he liked and needed best, but what about his girlfriend? sure, she claimed she was the best girlfriend on earth, when truth is, she wanted oikawa all for herself and hated the fact that he spent more time on volleyball then her.

but she wears short skirts, i wear t-shirts

needless to say, qian and oikawa's girlfriend were different from each other.

she's cheer captain and i'm on the bleachers

she was the type to wear skirts, heels and was the literal definition of a girly girl. whereas for qian, she preferred shorts and pants, and probably something comfortable, like slippers and sneakers. while oikawa's girlfriend was in the cheerleading squad, qian was in choir.

dreaming about the day when you wake up

sometimes, qian wished that oikawa and his girlfriend would break up. one, to save oikawa from spending long nights fighting with her, and two, to get his mind off her for once. pretty selfish, yeah?

and find that what you're looking for has been here the whole time

and they did. they finally broke up. she was the one that initiated it, and oikawa was left shocked.

if you can see i'm the one who understands you

he came to qian, who was kind of shocked yet glad he did. he told her everything, and she calmed him down, which led him to treating her to ice cream. she wondered if he liked her back. chances were one to negative. if he were to like someone, it would probably be iwaizumi.

been here all along so why can't you see

slowly, as time went by, he started falling for qian. he recounted all the times since they were kids, she would always be by his side to cheer him up and put a smile on his face. she was probably the reason why he was still so cheerful today.

you belong with me

with help and encouragement from iwaizumi, oikawa confessed to her, making her shell-shocked yet ecstatic. she accepted to be his girlfriend, and the entire aoba johsai volleyball team was glad their captain finally found love again.

you belong with me

sure enough, oikawa really did belong to qian.

word count: 637
date published: 150417

a/n: idk i just had to use taylor swift (not that i rly like taylor swift that much lmao) bc it fit