sacrifice ; levihan

creds to: jam (but i changed the au a bit lmao)

levi walked along the deserted streets as everyone else simply rushed past him. he was a wandering spirit, and yes, he was already dead.

he sat down on a spare patch in front of a tree, startling a girl next to him. that means she could see him.

"s-sorry," he muttered.

"it's okay," she answered, "i'm hanji, by the way!"

"levi," was his simple response.

from that encounter, both of them would meet up under that same tree and talk. they had very different interests, but they were fine with that. she slowly developed feelings for the ravenette.

and then one day, she confessed.

he accepted to be her other half. just like that, they began dating.

it was about a month into the relationship when levi asked, "oi, shitty glasses?"

she hummed as she stuck a bookmark into the book she was reading. they gave each other crappy nicknames, and neither one of them minded.

"i-i was just wondering," he said, "if you were to give up your life for me, would you?"

hanji's eyebrows furrowed together as she asked, "why do you ask?"

suddenly, she got what he meant.

"levi, if you don't mind me asking," she said, "a-are you a ghost?"

he nodded with his gaze averted.

she looked away. she had been dating a ghost? all this time?

the saying rang through her head once again.

to revive someone who's dead, that someone must find true love. and the lover must kiss the dead person. the dead would come alive, and the lover would die in his or her place. they would then never see each other ever again.

slowly, she stood up and bent over to let their faces almost touch. levi gazed into hanji's brown orbs with his blue-grey ones.

"shitty glasses, what are you—" he began, before getting cut off with a pair of lips making contact with his.

her eyes closed first, followed by his. they wanted this moment to last forever.

slowly, they broke away. suddenly, hanji seemed to be fading away rapidly. she began to get dimmer and dimmer. levi's eyes widened upon the sight.

no. no. this can't be happening, he thought.

"hanji, what the absolute fuck did you just do?!" he yelled.

levi only used her name when he was being dead serious about something. hanji's heart warmed at this.

"revive you," she answered simply, "thank you for everything."

as the last bit of her began to fade away, she said, "i love you."

just like that, she was gone in a flash.

droplets of water began to fall from the sky.

"hey, you!" a random passer-by yelled, "what are you doing, sitting there under the tree? get inside!"

she really did revive him. people could now see him.

but what was the use when she wasn't around to spend the rest of their lives together?

he threw one glance into the darkening sky and gave a wry smile.

"and i love you too."

word count: 481
date published: 070417

a/n: a very rare aot/snk oneshot written by yours truly appreciate this okay