us ; hajibel (pt. 2)

"seriously, belinda, if you want to look at videos of corgi butts, do it when you're not walking," iwaizumi sighed as he sat next to the bed which belinda was currently sitting on in the infirmary.

"you really are a good boyfriend, hajime," she said.

it has been about a month since they started dating, and belinda has been trying her best to help iwaizumi get over his rejection.

"belinda? hajime?"

the curtains separating them from the next bed was swept open by the school nurse, revealing a very pale nagi.

"i guessed it was you guys judging from your voices," she said with a little laugh.

"nagi? what happened to you?" iwaizumi asked, walking up to her, a concerned expression on his face, "where's trashikawa?"

"oikawa said he was busy and couldn't come, because he said he had some extra volleyball practice he wanted to put in," the brunette said, "as for me, it isn't anything serious."

belinda averted her gaze. she knew it was fine for iwaizumi got get worried over nagi, but she couldn't help feeling jealous. the way they conversed sounded as though they were dating.

slowly, she got off the bed and limped to the doorway. she wanted to leave while she still had control over her emotions, before it was too late.

after practice, she switched her phone on, to see a messages from iwaizumi.

iwaizumi: are you at practice now?

iwaizumi: why did you leave so suddenly?

iwaizumi: message me when you reach home, okay?

iwaizumi: i'm sorry, i won't be walking home with you today. i have to send nagi home since trashikawa is still practicing and no one's home to fetch her.

not wanting to answer, she put on some music and shoved her phone into her pocket.

after she reached home, she decided to shut her phone down to refrain from any distractions while she was revising.

after a good hour of revision, she checked the time on the clock which stood on her table. 8 p.m..

the thoughts of iwaizumi sending nagi back home flooded her mind. did he really move on, or did he still have something for her?

not wanting to waste any time thinking about it, she buried her face into her arms as she crossed them on her desk. before she knew it, she had fallen asleep.

knock knock. knock knock.

the sound of knocking woke her right up. rubbing her eyes and blinking, she caught sight of someone at her window, knocking. 

iwaizumi?

quickly, she rushed over and opened the window to let him in.

"what are you doing? this is the second floor!" she scolded him, "why didn't you use the front door?"

"n-no one answered when i rang the doorbell, so i decided to climb up instead," he answered, and she noticed he sounded out of breath.

"why are you breathless?" she asked, "did you run or something?"

"yeah, i ran here since i got worried about you," he answered, "you left my messages on read and didn't read any of my new ones."

she just let out a sigh and said, "come on, let's go downstairs and i'll get you something to eat."

word count ; 523
date published ; 200517

a/n ; is it just me or are my oneshots are getting longer