Romanticised memories~ Cryde (South Park.)

I discovered that I romanticised a thing.... this is based around that disappointing moment. Admittedly, this is more soul crushing.
Warnings: Cursing.
Ages: 25 both.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Clyde's Point of View.

After the coma, I erm... I thought I'd never come to see this town again. And now, looking at it, I don't think I wanted to. It's in such terrible condition.

"What the fuck-?" Craig asks.

There is no other words for it than lifeless.... nobody has given this place any love.

"When did they-?" I ask.

"A few years ago was when the last person moved away," he says.

"I....I," i say.

The sign is broken down, many nasty words are carved into it. And by the sight, many houses have been tagged, many names have been here.... but none ones I would recognise. Many little spots have a been rid of the markings we did. People that made hearts like Wendy and Stan, writing their names in them.... they're carved over. Craig and I weren't a lovey couple, the most explicit words we wrote were 'fuck you' and the most loving drawing was just a simple five hands. Our friend group.

Tweek? He barely has time anymore, family man.

Token? Always somewhere else, discovering more things about the sea.

Jimmy? He's not in this country, ever, anymore. He's competing in those special people's athletic things which I can't remember the names of anymore. He's hang up on them now.

So now, I can't find anything more fitting than the fact the hands are crossed over.

"You're crying," Craig says when we finally stop going around.

"I just.... I remember this place being so much more than this," I say.

He nods.

"Where did everyone go?" I ask.

"Let me think... Wendy was the first to leave after her father died. As an orphan, she had no reason to stay. She's up in Washington DC in politics, trying to undo the last president," he says.

I nod.

"Kyle and Ike left next, together... one of them had some illness, I can't remember. Both went to Canada for free healthcare," he says.

I nod again.

"Stan left to Britain, going after lost family," he says.

I nod. I can see that.

"You know how our people left.... Cartman left next, I would assume to go after Wendy," he says.

I nod.

"Most of the girls, excluding Nichole, Bebe and Millie, left to do something they dreamed of in New York," he says.

I nod.

"Millie went to the South, looking for her dead grandma's things that she gave to her in her will. Never came back, Bebe did wait until she got a call from Token to go with him considering they were perusing the same thing," Craig says.

I nod.

"Most of the boys left nearly days apart. I don't remember their reasonings but at that point, it didn't really matter," Craig says.

I nod.

"Then came Tricia's turn... she offered that I could come with her. I refused," Craig says.

"Why did she go?" I ask.

"Better opportunities, she said I wasted them waiting," Craig says.

I nod.

"Karen left before Kenny.... she went and got herself a husband. They are on the third kid, according to Tricia," Craig says.

I nod. That leaves him and Kenny and the adults-I mean, our parents.

"Butters left.... not before tell Kenny that he could come crash at his place anytime. He had to get away, South Park had too many memories, he had frequent problems with staying here. So he left, settling to work at a shop and getting a small apartment. I think he owns a company now," Craig says.

I nod yet again.

"The parents? This environment was not for them, many of them left after their kids but consider the fact the oldest were having cancer and shit, this town was almost completely bed ridden at a point. So yeah, Kenny and I were left here," Craig says.

"How long till you both moved?" I ask.

"Enough time to become hopeless enough to become friendly with each other. I left before him," he says.

"So Kenny was the last one here?" I ask.

"Yes.. I just..... the jobs were too far away and you, in the fucking fancy hospital in Canada.... I could not find a reason to wait here any longer, I thought I'd simply go crazy," Craig says.

This is the most emotional I have seen him since I woke up.

"You know what happened then," Craig says.

I nod. He went to be close to the boarder.

"Kenny left.... I don't even know how much time ago.... book tour. He announced a month ago that he wasn't going back, that he found somebody to settle with in the Philippines. It was.... an interesting idea of life... an interesting moment to notice how much I had romanticised the memory of the time when you were awake and the time you.... you know... were just in a coma, it just... I didn't remember this place like it was, I remember it so much brighter but that's because I had you there to lighten it," he says.

I had to go through so much to even move my feet and.... this journey, from the boarder to here, felt so long... i couldn't even believe I'd come back! But now? Now that I'm back, I erm.... I don't want to be in here, at all! I remember this as the quiet little mountain town! I remember this place being so colourful and beautiful but in truth... I don't think it was that beautiful to begin with.

"You wanna go?" He asks.

I nod.

"Y-yeah," I say.

We leave the quiet mountain town behind us, me hanging onto him with crying. For ones? He doesn't seem to mind it.

"I..... thank you, Craig," I say.

He look at me, in surprise.

"For-for taking me here and for staying with me. Now it feels like it must have taken a lot," I say.

He gives me a kiss.

"Just... don't go into a coma again," he says.

I laugh.

"I'll try!"