601

Chatting Under Cotton Blankets Does Not Cause Pregnancy

In regards to Fu Ya, Feng Yu Heng continued to have suspicions and reservations. If it was said that there were people that looked alike in the world then it was definitely possible, but for them to look so similar was not too likely. When Fu Ya had gone to the Illusory Hall to register, she had said that she was 13 years old, while Feng Yu Heng had just turned 14. There was a difference of just one year on paper; however, not much could be seen from just her appearance.

Feng Yu Heng had intentionally collected Fu Ya’s fingernails. Even if she did not do it now, she would definitely verify things once she got back to the capital.

Three days later, Xuan Tian Ming led the soldiers out toward Jiang Zhou, leaving ten thousand behind in Song Zhou City. Huang Quan and Wang Chuan were left behind to take care of Fu Ya.

From Song Zhou to Jiang Zhou, the army marched for six days; however, there was a major difference from when they had left Guan Zhou for Song Zhou.

According to the northerners, Guan Zhou and Song Zhou were considered places that were not cold. Although it was a perpetual Winter without four distinct seasons, there were still clear days. There were even days during the middle of the year when the sunlight would melt through the snow and reveal some of the earth beneath.

But once one passed Song Zhou and moved toward Jiang Zhou, they would need to pass through a forest. That forest was called the ghost border because once one passed through the forest, the temperature would rapidly plummet. Sunlight could no longer be seen, and it would be snowing through the entire year. Although it could not compare to thick layers of ice in the heart of Qian Zhou, it was still far worse than Guan Zhou and Song Zhou.

Ever since passing through the ghost border, Xuan Tian Ming dragged Feng Yu Heng to his own horse. At the same time, he gave the order for the soldiers to take out the winter coats that had been prepared and put them on. Even if it was like this, Bai Ze said: “Everyone is still cold.”

Xuan Tian Ming gave the order for everyone to march quickly. The soldiers trotted along and barely managed to endure the sudden cold.

Feng Yu Heng was wrapped up in Xuan Tian Ming’s cloak. She figured that the forest should have been at the edge of a major circle of latitude, resulting in such a great difference in temperature between the two sides. Still unknown, however, was just how cold the colder Qian Zhou would be.

Nobody knew where Duan Mu An Guo was after he sank the Winter Palace and escaped. Also unknown was just what type of people ran away with him. The people that had been dug up from the Winter Palace were identified with help from the people present. Not a single one of Duan Mu An Guo’s family was found. The children and grandchildren that were living in Song Zhou all disappeared. Feng Yu Heng once thought that they would run toward Jiang Zhou and use it as a final line of defense. Unfortunately, once they arrived in Jiang Zhou City, the people immediately denied this idea.

Compared to Song Zhou, Jiang Zhou City was quite a bit smaller. They originally thought that it would be the same as Guan Zhou and Song Zhou, with its gates tightly shut. They thought that they would need to expend a great deal of effort to get inside; however, Jiang Zhou’s gates were opened wide. The citizens continued to move about as usual. People were walking around with carrying poles* and freshly hunted animals and there were some that carried around baskets to buy vegetables. There were children crying and men arguing. Everything looked very normal. Everyone was living their own lives. It was as though the commotion in the three northern provinces was unrelated to them.

Feng Yu Heng was shocked at this sight; however, she heard Xuan Tian Ming say: “The prefect of Jiang Zhou is a smart man. He is definitely still in the city and did not go to celebrate Duan Mu An Guo’s birthday, thus he is also not under the rubble of the Winter Palace. As for the citizens of Jiang Zhou, because of the barrier formed by the ghost border, they do not know about the commotion stirred in the two cities.”