690

A Rare Visitor

When that person brought up imperial daughter Ji An, everyone fell silent. They were the family members of officials that had come from out of the province. Their knowledge could not compare to those that lived in the capital. In regards to Feng Yu Heng, they had only heard about her; however, they had never personally seen her. It was even less possible for them to have interacted. This was also the first time that they had ever seen this imperial carriage.

But with these thoughts in mind, the people began to look back at the imperial carriage before them. Looking more carefully was fine, but everyone inhaled sharply.

“Are the jewels inlaid on her carriage real?”

“That bright and sparkly stuff should be crystal. Last year, my father gave me a small crystal pendant for my birthday, and it looks very similar to what’s on the carriage. Its quality just wasn’t as high.”

“How could we compare the things that we have to the imperial family?”

“What imperial family, she’s just an imperial daughter with a different surname. She was conferred the title later on.”

“An imperial daughter with a different surname is so arrogant. So many nice things are just inlaid on the carriage. If they’re taken by anyone, the price would be extremely high. She really has grand plans.”

Feng Yu Heng heard these things through the window and could not help but laugh internally. It was no wonder why the court would need to improve security every time there were officials that came from out of the province. Just based on the experience of these people, perhaps they would cause a stir over anything that they saw. Her imperial carriage was not considered much inside the capital. Moreover, Xuan Tian Ming’s carriage was far more excessive than her carriage. The people in the capital treated it as if it was only natural. Why was it that when it came to these young misses and madams, it became her having grand plans?

However, just a short discussion about the imperial carriage was not enough. When women gathered together, they loved to gossip, and the topic very quickly began to change. This time, the topic became about Xuan Tian Ming.

“Did you guys know? Not only has the ninth prince’s leg injury been healed, but his face that had also been ruined had returned to normal without any blemishes.” These words were filled with envy.

Feng Zhao Lian’s eyes became sharp, as he occasionally said to Feng Yu Heng: “Hah, there are people looking at us sideways. The jealousy can be smelled through the carriage’s walls.”

Immediately following this came a voice: “Hah, put plainly, that imperial daughter Ji An is lucky. Being engaged to the ninth prince from a young age, we do not have that sort of luck.”

“How can we compare to the people of the capital. People in proximity to those with power will reap some benefits. Speaking of, I have seen the ninth prince once before. At that time, he was a youth, but his appearance really was… absolutely amazing.”

“Even better than his Highness the seventh prince?”

“They are at two extremes. His Highness the seventh prince is refined like a deity, while the ninth prince is a ruler that is proud and aloof.”

These descriptions caused these young miss’ pure hearts to shake. Feng Yu Heng could practically feel the envy wafting over. She was feeling irritated and patted Feng Zhao Lian: “Put down the curtain.” She then hurried Huang Quan: “Go and have the people outside open up a path. This imperial daughter’s carriage will be given the same treatment as palace princess Wu Yang, and it can be driven straight to the Rui Gate. There is no need to continue lingering here. Have them all move. Who knows what those imperial guards are doing?”