691

The Princess of Gu Shu’s Provocation

Once the words about frightening the princess were spoken, Huang Quan nearly ended up laughing. She thought to herself that it would not be fear but rather shock! This princess thought too highly of herself. Did she really think of herself as being the most beautiful in the world? Did she really think that Da Shun did not have beauties? Little did she know, with them coming, she would immediately be wiped out.

But Huang Quan had forgotten that Feng Zhao Lian was not someone from Da Shun. He was just someone that had followed Feng Yu Heng and lived in Da Shun. It was such that everyone forgot about his roots.

The seventh princess of Gu Shu, Fan Tian Man, however, did not think too deeply about it. She just heard that the person wearing the veil was scary, thus she could not help but cover her mouth and gently laugh, saying: “Since she does not look good, how could she be dressed so elegantly and gracefully? Imperial daughter shouldn’t be hiding a beauty, right? How about you have her remove the veil for us to see?”

Feng Yu Heng smiled and said: “Having her remove the veil would be fine, but I am worried about shocking her Highness the Empress. That would not be good.”

“Your Highness.” Fan Tian Man turned to look at the Empress with an obsequious look and said: “She’s already come. If your Highness does not take a look, would you not feel curious?”

There was nothing that the Empress could do. Although the princess of Gu Shu and Feng Yu Heng did not have any personal grudges, if the matters of the past were brought up, the relationship would be a bit complicated. Gu Shu was to the South of Da Shun, and their border with Lan Zhou was a chaotic region. Recently, the eighth prince, Xuan Tian Mo, had installed a court down there, and she had heard that he had a very harmonious relationship with Gu Shu. At present, Da Shun looked to be very peaceful and stable, but the position of crown prince was still vacant. The princes were all quietly competing in terms of strength, and they were all flaunting their power. The eighth prince having the support of Gu Shu was guaranteed, and the Emperor favoring the ninth prince was also guaranteed. Like this, the princess of Gu Shu and Feng Yu Heng would be considered enemies. At present, Fan Tian Man had found an opportunity to embarrass Feng Yu Heng. How could she make this decision lightly.

There were two sides. One had come from a long way, and she had to at least give a bit of face. No matter what, she could not go ahead and offend the seventh princess of Gu Shu. On the other side was the one treasured by Da Shun’s imperial family, Feng Yu Heng. The Empress thought that this would be a difficult decision.

While she was thinking, she turned her attention to the woman in the red clothes standing behind Feng Yu Heng. She saw that the woman’s figure was elegant and graceful. Regardless of whether they looked at the face or not, the figure was very impressive. Moving her gaze upward, the eyes that could be seen above the veil, though not looking sideways, did not appear to be servile. The look of shock from entering the palace for the first time also was not present. Instead, it was a look of great familiarity. It also had a bit… of a standoffish look? Looking down on it? It was just so so?

These sorts of feelings were placed in those eyes, and the Empress suddenly remembered something. When Feng Yu Heng returned to the capital, she had brought back a prince from Qian Zhou. When she entered the palace to greet the Emperor and the Empress, she advised to not make it too public. Thus the number of people that knew about it was extremely low as a result of the Emperor suppressing the information. Apparently, the prince had been harmed from a young age. It was such that he became a test subject in Qian Zhou. His body was neither male nor female, half yin and half yang*, but if one looked from the outside, that person would look entirely female. In fact, his appearance was exceptional. She had also heard that the prince loved red clothes, bright-red clothes. Thus, the one before her…