798

Stealing From the Sheng Palace at Night

If it was not so late and quiet, and if he was not so close to the watchful eyes of the Sheng Palace’s hidden guards, Ban Zou really would have wanted to slap himself. How could he have been so negligent. He should have realized that it was a trap the moment the words “Your Highness” had come out! Aside from when she spoke with outsiders, when had she ever referred to him as Your Highness the ninth prince? She had always called him by name, alright? How could he have forgotten about this?

Ban Zou realized that he had made a serious mistake, but he did not know how he should make up for it. Should he go into the Sheng Palace to search for her? Truthfully, he did not have the ability. He was not omnipotent. His qinggong and hiding abilities had not reached a point where this would be possible. Although he could get into the imperial palace, he did not dare try with the Sheng Palace. The Sheng Palace had well-hidden hidden guards. This was beyond certain. If he followed her in at this time, it was very likely that he would become deadweight for his master. Once something happened to him, based on his master’s personality, she would definitely extend her hand to save him. When that time came, the two would be stuck inside, and he could never pay her back even if he had 100 lives.

But if he did not follow her in, what could be done? Ban Zou’s heart burned with anxiety. Should he go and look for His Highness the seventh prince once more? Could His Highness the seventh prince get into a place like the Sheng Palace? Even he did not dare hope for this. Standing in place, he wondered to himself. In the end, he gritted his teeth and helplessly turned around and quietly rushed toward the Yu Palace.

Forget it, if he was cursed at or even killed, it would be better than throwing that idiot into the Sheng Palace. At this moment, Ban Zou felt a bit as if he was dying for a great cause. At the same time, he cursed Feng Yu Heng a million times internally; however, it was not for implicating himself. Instead, he cursed her for being too bold and daring to enter the Sheng Palace on her own. What should he do if something was to happen?

He went to Xuan Tian Ming’s residence with these sorts of emotions. When he was just 50 paces from the Yu Palace, he was noticed by the hidden guards, but he removed his mask, and the hidden guards of the Yu Palace recognized him and did not pay him any mind. When he reached Xuan Tian Ming’s courtyard, someone spoke with the wind and told him: “Master is in the study.”

Thus Ban Zou changed direction and headed toward the study. Only then did he manage to find Xuan Tian Ming.

At this time, Xuan Tian Ming was in the middle of writing something. The tip of his brush was moving with gusto; however, it also had a harsh aura. In regards to Ban Zou’s arrival, he did not appear to be surprised, even taking the first step to ask: “What is it, did you lose track of your master?”

Ban Zou trembled and dropped to his knees before Xuan Tian Ming. He did not say a single word and just kept his head down while waiting to be dealt with.

As a result, he waited for a long time but did not hear any movement. He could not help but look up and found that Xuan Tian Ming was still writing. After writing a few things, he finally said: “It’s fine. You just need to go back to your manor to wait for her.”

“But…” Ban Zou frowned, “Master went to the Sheng Palace.”

“This prince knows. Don’t worry, she will return home safely. You can leave.”

Ban Zou was chased out like this. At the time he left the palace, he even suspected that there may have been a rift that had formed between Feng Yu Heng and Xuan Tian Ming.

At this time, there was a person standing in a void space 50 paces away from the Sheng Palace. It was Feng Yu Heng, who had just come out of her pharmacy space. In the past, she could not hear the sounds outside while she was inside the space. Although she could hear some vague sounds, to hear words clearly, she had no other choice. Even in the past, when she had gone into the third prince’s palace, she had to come out of her space to listen to others speak. But ever since her space had leveled up, and the underground firearms storage had appeared, she could clearly hear all of the sounds from the outside. This was a huge benefit to Feng Yu Heng on this trip.