770

Love the Country, Love Freedom More

The young girl slept in Xuan Tian Ming’s embrace; however, the person that lay awake had his sleepiness chased away by what she had just said. Holding the little person in his embrace, he pondered over her words; however, a bitter smile appeared on his face in the end.

Was this country good? Was the throne good? Did he want it? He had never wanted it! He, Xuan Tian Ming, from a young age had never wanted to become an emperor. Ever since he became conscious of his actions, ever since he had realized that he was a prince, he had never thought of receiving the heavy responsibility of the country from his Father Emperor. His aspirations lay in the world; however, it did not lie with assuming the throne and overlooking the world and governing it. Instead, it was to bring this girl around the world and give her absolute freedom.

In the end, he was Imperial Concubine Yun’s child, and he also had that love for freedom that Imperial Concubine Yun had many years ago. But at the same time, he was also the Emperor’s son, and he also had the innate feelings of a ruler. Over the years, he had suppressed his desire for freedom and put forth all of his might to help the Emperor take care of this country. Loving all of the citizens in the country, and everyone knew that of the Emperor’s many children, the ninth prince was the one that the Emperor favored the most. In the future, the one that was most likely to assume the throne would also be the ninth prince; however, there were no people that knew that none of this was what the ninth prince truly desired…

The next day at dawn, Xuan Tian Ming got up early to attend court. After the 23rd day of the 12th month, Da Shun’s court would be closed. All matters from before the end of the year would be taken care of during this time. Even for Xuan Tian Ming, who had just returned to the capital, he would not get a single day’s rest.

There was nothing for Feng Yu Heng to do, as she continued to sleep for a while after Xuan Tian Ming left. When she woke up, Lady Zhou told her that Xuan Tian Ming had left a message that told her to wait in the palace. When court was dismissed, the two would go to the Lu manor together and deliver the gift that the eighth prince had entrusted him to Lu Yan.

Feng Yu Heng felt that it was entertaining, as the eighth prince had taken it seriously and listened to Noble Lady Yuan’s words, telling him to marry Lu Yan. He had even prepared some gifts for the new year. This sort of child that listened to his mother also had the ambition to usurp the throne. Who knew exactly where he landed between childish and mature. Or perhaps, in the eighth prince’s mind, Noble Lady Yuan had a very good understanding of the situation in court, such that he felt that marrying the Lu family’s young miss was the right decision. After all, Lu Song was still the left prime minister. He, the eighth prince, was famous in the South; however, he had a great shortcoming when it came to knowledge to the court and the power of government officials.

She peacefully sat in the palace for the entire morning until Xuan Tian Ming finally returned from court at noon. The two ate lunch then brought the new year’s gift that the eighth prince had prepared over to the Lu family. There did not look to be many gifts, and Xuan Tian Ming said to have them placed in a chest to make it easier to move around. That way, they would not need a large number of servants and make it a rowdy procession. As a result, they ended up filling two chests, which caused Feng Yu Heng to sigh over the eighth prince’s sincerity.

Xuan Tian Ming, however, laughed and told her: “This prince also bought quite a few nice things from the South for you. Later on, I’ll carry them to the imperial daughter’s manor for you.”

The two chatted and laughed as they arrived at the Lu family’s residence. Lu Song had also just returned from court not too long earlier. Upon seeing that Xuan Tian Ming and Feng Yu Heng had personally come to visit, he was quite frightened. He thought that something had happened, as the entire family kneeled in horror to salute. Lu Song truly could not endure and asked: “Your Highness, Imperial Daughter, suddenly coming to visit, is something the matter?”