752

Fu Ya’s Fate

800 paces into the forest, Yue Xiu was standing in wait with the two people that she had brought. The servant at Noble Lady Yuan’s side seemed to be a bit frightened, stopping in her tracks, which caused Noble Lady Yuan to feel a bit unhappy: “You just need to follow me. What are you backing up for?”

The servant did not dare speak and quietly followed along until Yue Xiu called out: “Master!” Following this, she looked behind Noble Lady Yuan and added: “Miss Fu Ya.”

Noble Lady Yuan frowned, “So undisciplined, call her Young Miss Feng.”

“Oh, Young Miss Feng.” Yue Xiu quickly changed her tune, “It’s this servant’s fault. This servant keeps forgetting the rules.” After saying this, she said to Noble Lady Yuan: “Master, everything has been arranged. A gap was opened up in the forest by the gnawing of the animals. Sending Young Miss Feng out through there will be fine.”

The one that was dressed as the servant and following behind Noble Lady Yuan was Fu Ya. Upon hearing that she would be sent away, she could not help but feel shocked: “Imperial Concubine, where are you sending me? Wasn’t it said that there would be a different arrangement for me over here? Why am I being sent away?”

Noble Lady Yuan told her: “Don’t be impatient. Things are no longer as good as they were before. I was planning to arrange for you to come to the Winter Hunt and wait for an opportune moment. With such a big thing happening during the day, perhaps you are still confused as to how I was demoted from imperial concubine to a lowly noble lady. I’ll tell you that all of this was done by Feng Yu Heng. As long as she lives, none of us will be able to live peacefully. That’s why you must leave immediately.”

Fu Ya furrowed her brow. She could not understand. Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu was an imperial concubine in the palace. That was an existence that even princes needed to respect. Exactly how much ability did Feng Yu Heng have to actually be able to topple an imperial concubine? She was puzzled and looked toward Noble Lady Yuan. After a while, she finally asked: “Am I being sent back to the capital?”

Noble Lady Yuan shook her head, “No, you’re being sent to the South.”

“What?” Fu Ya was extremely shocked, “I’m being sent to the South? Why? Why… why must I be sent to the South? No good, no good!” She hastily refused and repeatedly shook her head, “I can’t go to the South. My family is still in the capital. There’s also my mother. How can I abandon her here on her own to go to the South? Imperial Concubine, please ask something else.”

“Miss Fu Ya, this is something that you have no say in.” Yue Xiu said in a cold voice: “You need to remember your own identity. Although we call you Young Miss Feng, you are not truly Feng Yu Heng, and you are not the Feng family’s child. Even more, you are not Yao shi’s daughter. The so-called family and mother that you have are not related to you by blood in the slightest. You are nothing more than master and servant. You are nothing more than an employee. Could it be that you really think that you are Yao shi’s daughter? Before the imperial concubine, what room do you have to negotiate?!”

Yue Xiu’s fierce words managed to frighten Fu Ya, as she looked at Noble Lady Yuan in a daze. It was only at this moment that she understood that the Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu, who had always been kind and polite to her was all just a lie. She was asking for something impossible, and she was just walking on a knife’s edge. If she lost her footing even once, being cut would be getting off easy. She could very easily end up falling into a bottomless abyss. In truth, she had prepared herself for this beforehand. She knew that she needed to be exceedingly careful when dealing with this sort of person, but her preparation had been too lacking. No matter how much she calculated and prepared, she could not get away from the palm of her hand. Now, she was about to be sent to the South, and she did not have any way to escape. Thus, rather than refusing, it would be better…