794

Imperial Daughter Ji An Is an Inauspicious Person

What was originally a murder case had now become a loud commotion. Although not much could be determined about the official whose beads had been taken with just a glance, in truth, his family situation was not very good. He was part of an office that did not have much funding, and his family only had one wife and one son. As a third rank official, he did not even have a concubine. Of course, this was because he was loyal to his wife. The people that understood the internal situation knew that it was because he could not afford a concubine. Taking in a concubine in the capital cost quite a bit of money. Not to mention the cost of food, but a courtyard also needed to be opened up, and there was a need for maid servants and grannies. If a child was born, they also needed to be taken care of. He simply did not have the spare money. Coming into the palace for today’s banquet, the beads that had been thrown away by the ninth prince were borrowed to ensure that he would not be mocked, and he was to return them the next day.

Of course, Xuan Tian Ming also knew just how distressed this one was over that item, but he did not care. It was just a shoddy bead necklace. Who cared if it was high-quality glaze? His palace had plenty, and even that girl did not seem to care about such things. At worst, he would just send a few over later on. The important thing was to ensure that his girl would not be bullied by others.

Feng Yu Heng folded her arms across her chest and watched the scene unfold in front of her. From time to time, she would glance in the Emperor’s direction and found that the Emperor’s expression was gloomy, and he looked very unhappy. Thus she slightly shook her head toward Xuan Tian Ming to tell him not to go too far.

With Xuan Tian Ming finally heeding her advice, he told the third rank official that he would give him a few better ones later on. Only then did the matter come to an end. As for the officials from the eighth prince’s faction, they had some complaints that they could not voice. Naturally, they did not dare to openly try and reason with the ninth prince. Even looking to cause trouble for Feng Yu Heng was something that they had to grit their teeth and do. Because the eighth prince had come back, their pillar of support had returned. After he returned, he gave all of them a message. There would definitely be a big movement on this trip back, and they should do all they could to cooperate.

At present, two corpses were laying on the ground, and the governor, Xu Jing Yuan, had already sent someone to search for Grand Scholar Li. As for the Minister of the Board of Punishments, Lord Ma, and his wife, they continued to wipe away tears. On this side, the sixth prince was vouching for Feng Yu heng, while others clinged to the idea of her not being restrained to cause trouble for Feng Yu Heng. Now, it seemed like those efforts were not yielding any results. Imperial Daughter Ji An was never a weak girl that came from a large family. She was one that had come from the battlefield. Would she be tripped up by this sort of idle chatter?

For a while, the people did not know what new tricks they could use, and they were still in pain from being hit. Blood was trickling from the corners of their mouths, yet there was not a single imperial physician that stepped forward to examine them.

The eighth prince, Xuan Tian Mo, stood there with a cold expression, but after standing for a while, he said: “Younger sister really is… How could eighth brother say it? It seems that every time younger sister participates in a banquet, disturbances will occur. Although eighth brother has not been in the capital over these years, I was still able to hear about some things.”

Once these words came out, the officials that had run out of things to say immediately became spirited once more. Someone even counted on their fingers and began to count all of the things that had happened since the first banquet that Feng Yu Heng had participated in. Even Feng Yu Heng’s appearance in court was brought up. Bringing up all of these old matters, it helped her thoroughly summarize her time since being transmigrated. It was just that these people only counted the people that had died as a result of Feng Yu Heng’s influence. In regards to the contributions that Feng Yu Heng had brought to Da Shun, not a single word was mentioned. The production of steel, the aid during the disaster and handling of the pandemic were all selectively forgotten. These people really were shameless.