640

Who Exactly Looks Better?

After imperial concubine Yun said this, she grabbed Xuan Tian Ming and Feng Yu Heng before casually strolling out of the imperial palace.

The Emperor stood back and did not give chase. He was dumbfounded. Zhang Yuan was able to let out a sigh of relief; however, he truly could not understand how it was that imperial concubine Yun had suddenly appeared in Winter Moon Palace? Even if his Highness the ninth prince had brought her back and sent her in, when did he do it? And to have done it without anyone knowing.

Who could have known that when the fire had broken out in Winter Moon Palace, imperial concubine Yun was still outside the palace. Xuan Tian Ming had to ride a fast horse to meet up with Xuan Tian Hua and managed to bring her back ahead of time. To get imperial concubine Yun into the imperial palace and Winter Moon Palace without anyone noticing was something that Xuan Tian Ming could not do. This could only be done by relying on Feng Yu Heng. The two coaxed and cheated imperial concubine Yun into being blindfolded. Only then did they manage to use her space to bring her back inside.

Zhang Yuan and the Emperor stood in place while smiling stupidly. Ahead, imperial concubine Yun and the ninth prince had already disappeared. Only then did he remind him: “Your Majesty, don’t keep on laughing. The matter handed down by imperial concubine Yun needs to be done.”

These words reminded the Emperor. The smile on his face disappeared, as he turned around and walked back to the crowd of people. Moving to the Empress’ side, he said with a dark expression: “All of the imperial guards, palace servants and palace maids working tonight will all be sent to court. Zhang Yuan, hand down Our instructions. Order the court to find out the cause of the fire at Winter Moon Palace within three days and find the culprit. Also,” He turned to look at the Empress: “Your inner palace needs to give Us an explanation. We will also give you three days. Punish the one responsible severely.” After thinking a bit more, he turned his gaze on imperial concubine Yuan Shu, and this caused imperial concubine Yuan Shu to tremble. She quickly kneeled once more.

The Empress took a step forward and said: “Your Majesty, laws must not punish the majority. After the earlier matter is investigated by this wife, the punishment will be handed down.”

The Emperor nodded and did not say anything further. In the end, he took a glance at Winter Moon Palace then gave the order: “Repair it as quickly as possible.” He then turned around and left for Zhao He Hall in large strides.

All of the imperial concubines let out a sigh of relief. They just could not understand. Imperial concubine Yun was clearly in the palace, so why had the conversation earlier been steered in the direction of imperial concubine Yun had fled the palace? Their emotions had just been stirred, but what exactly had happened?

Unlike the unsettled atmosphere being experienced by the imperial concubines, once the Emperor returned to Zhao He Hall, his mood was incomparably great.

It had been over 20 years! He finally saw Yun Pian Pian. It was no wonder that people said that life was just a series of winding events. Earlier, he had clearly been feeling despair, and he had already felt that Yun Pian Pian had fled the palace. He even began to think about whether he wanted this country or that beautiful woman. He already began planning to quickly hand the country over to old ninth.

Who knew, oh who knew that that woman would actually flee into the cold storage to avoid the fire. How was Pian Pian that smart? The cold storage was filled with ice, and the fire definitely could not get inside. She really was too smart.

The Emperor happily thought about it. Imperial concubine Yun going to live at old seventh’s place was also fine. It was her son’s palace! She could live there if she wanted. Wherever she went, the people in the palace could not really say much of anything. Old seventh had always been steady. He also trusted that old seventh would definitely be able to take good care of imperial concubine Yun. It was just that… he felt his own face. His skin was no longer as good as it had been 20 years before. There were more and more wrinkles. Even the roughness could be compared to the roughness of his hands. This was no good.