761

That’s Fate

After Ban Zou said, “There’s someone outside the door,” the door was brazenly opened from the outside. Ban Zou immediately moved his body and headed straight for the person. The extended hand reached straight for that person’s neck; however, that person calmly said: “Don’t be so nervous. It’s me.”

The hand that Ban Zou had extended was practically about to touch that person’s skin; however, it suddenly stopped. He then looked at the person that had come and said in a dazed voice: “Your… Your Highness the seventh prince.”

The person that had come was none other than Xuan Tian Hua, who was wearing white clothes. Even on this sort of night while doing something like sneaking into someone else’s residence, he still wore a set of white clothes. It was as though it was something that never changed.

He gently lowered the hand that Ban Zou had extended then said: “I heard that Feng Jin Yuan and Yao shi both went missing and was feeling worried about it. I thought at first about going to the imperial daughter’s manor to check on you; however, I found that you weren’t there.” While speaking, he headed toward Feng Yu Heng.

At this time, Feng Yu Heng was still holding those pieces of paper and standing in place. Her little face was pale-white, and her face was filled with grief and feelings of reluctance.

Xuan Tian Hua walked over to her and did his best to wrestle the pieces of paper from her hands. In the blink of an eye, the girl’s fingernails broke through the skin on her palm, as she clenched her hands. Blood appeared and made him extremely distressed. “Let go and be obedient.” Xuan Tian Hua gently consoled her and went to hold her hands to try and loosen her grip. Who knew that with this success, the palms would trade places. Feng Yu Heng’s fingers no longer dug into her own palm, as they dug into Xuan Tian Hua’s hand. In just an instant, the skin on the palm was broken through, and blood began to flow; however, Xuan Tian Hua let out a sigh of relief.

Hurting him would be better than her hurting herself. His other hand went to pat Feng Yu Heng’s head, “I know that you can’t let it go, but with things as they are, no matter how much you can’t let it go, it’s pointless. A relationship is like a rope, and it requires two people to hold it. You’re properly holding onto the rope on this side, but the other side has already let it go. No matter how much you work at it, you’ll just end up with the other end of the rope. Heng Heng, seventh brother saying these things might be a bit heavy, but this is reality. You need to be spirited to face her; otherwise, if it continues to happen again and again, no matter how strong a person is, they will eventually collapse.”

Feng Yu Heng did not make a sound. She had heard what Xuan Tian Hua had said, but she could not recover for quite some time. But the fingers that were digging into his palm were pulled back. She had always liked keeping her fingernails a bit longer. After her fingernails were pulled out of his flesh, Xuan Tian Hua moved quite a bit, and Feng Yu Heng noticed. Only then did she lower her head and notice that it was not just her own palm that had been injured. There was also Xuan Tian Hua’s.

“Seventh Brother.” She frowned and subconsciously reached into her sleeve for medicine, wanting to get some medicine out to treat his wound; however, she was stopped by Xuan Tian Hua, who slightly shook his head to her, only saying: “It’s not a problem.”

Ban Zou had left the room to stand guard, thus he held Feng Yu Heng’s hand and walked over to the bed that Yao shi had slept in. When they arrived, he had her sit down on the bed and faced her confused gaze. Only then did he say to her: “Reach out and feel it. This is the bed that your mother slept in. Regardless of whether or not there is any lingering heat, it was still a place that she had stayed, and it should still have her scent.”