711

Lu Yao Must Not Remain

The people let out a surprised shout but saw that the person that had leaped into the lotus pond was quite good in the water. She headed straight to where Xu shi and Lu Yao were. It was just that everyone was very unfamiliar with the girl that had leaped into the water. They were all speculating on who she was, but this was someone that Feng Yu Heng recognized. That person was the Lu family’s eldest daughter, young miss of a concubine Lu Ping.

She and Xuan Tian Ge looked at each other, and both appeared to be a bit surprised. Feng Yu Heng could determine that Xu shi falling into the water could not escape being related to Lu Yao. Also, she noticed that although Lu Yao became submerged before Xu shi, it did not seem to be because she had drowned. Instead, it looked deliberate. Although she was not good in the water, based on her observations, Lu Yao’s thoughts and actions were unable to fool her, even if they might have fooled others. Lu Yao was good in the water. This was something that Feng Yu Heng was certain of.

After gaining a bit of an understanding, she still felt worried. Xu shi was still in the water and could not handle the slightest bit of clumsiness.

Huang Quan carefully asked from her side: “Young miss, do you want this servant to go in and help?”

Even if Feng Yu Heng wanted to, seeing that Lu Ping had swum over to where they were, she slightly shook her head, “No need for now. Observe for a little longer.”

Just after saying this, Lu Ping had already reached her hand out to Xu shi. This movement caused her mind to shift. One of the people that fell into the water was Xu shi and the other was Lu Ping’s younger sister; however, she reached out to Xu shi and ignored Lu Yao. This really was was food for thought.

Some people from the spectating crowd began to cheer for Lu Ping. Although they did not know who this person was, they approved greatly of her leaping into the water to save them. But at the same time, there were people that began to question them falling into the water: “The two were clearly admiring the pond. How did they end up falling in? Also, how did they end up so far?”

These words caused everyone to become startled. That’s right! Although falling into the water was strange, they would have just fallen near the side of the pond. This lotus pond also has a number of plants. How could people have floated out that far?

At the same time, this question was asked in Feng Yu Heng’s mind. Her gaze, however, remained fixed on Lu Yao. Although Lu Yao was still under the water, Feng Yu Heng watched as she continued to desperately hold onto Xu shi. She even managed removed Lu Ping’s hands from Xu shi.

She frowned and felt that Lu Yao was actually stopping Lu Ping from saving them. But to the people on the outside, Lu Yao was just struggling while drowning. Feng Yu Heng was astonished and was prepared to order Huang Quan to jump in to help, but at this time, Lu Ping had already broken free from Lu Yao’s interference. Pulling Xu shi, she quickly headed toward the side of the pond.

But while she was swimming, blood could be seen in the water. The blood was coming from Lu Ping’s face. In the blink of an eye, a large patch of the lotus pond was dyed.

Everyone was shocked. The young misses that were easily-scared let out a scream. At this time, palace servants had also managed to bring the eunuchs over. The strong eunuchs went and pulled the people out of the water. Feng Yu Heng quickly rushed over and forcefully patted Xu shi’s back. This immediately allowed Xu shi to cough up a large amount of water.

There were no major problems with Xu shi. After coughing up the water, she was just a bit frightened. Fortunately, there were many people watching on. The kindhearted madams and young misses had already retrieved some clean clothes from the palace servants and wrapped up Xu shi. But looking at Lu Ping, she was not as lucky as Xu shi. The veil covering her face had already been washed away while she was swimming. The face that was capable of bringing the ruin of countries was now exposed. Everyone could see it, but there was an ugly wound on her face. Who knew if something from the pond got into the wound, as it was dark. The blood that came pouring out became darker and darker. Along with this, the color on the left side of her face began to change.