784

The Chain Must Not Fall Off in a Critical Moment

Feng Yu Heng’s left eye had been twitching since early on in the day. Originally, she did not believe in such superstitions, but there were times when she would think a bit more about them, especially during busy times like these. It was likely that her woman’s intuition would be accurate. It was just that she could never figure out the reason. Now that she saw the eighth prince and heard what he had said, Feng Yu Heng suddenly thought that the feeling that something would happen was most likely happening here.

But she had already spoken. In regards to her medical ability, archery and strange items, she had said that they had all come from her Persian master. In the capital, practically nobody was unaware of this. Even the people from outside the province had heard about it. And now, the eighth prince actually asked about it. Even if she knew that it was likely that there was a wicked trick waiting, she had no choice but to nod and admit it: “Naturally, it’s the truth.”

But for the eighth prince, this was not the end, as he became enthusiastic in his questioning. Seeing that she had admitted to the origin of this pen, he then followed up: “This prince does not frequently come back to the capital, but I did see imperial daughter a few times in the early days. During my time away, this prince heard that Imperial Daughter Ji An has great abilities and brought out all kinds of interesting things and, more importantly, brought Da Shun the ability to produce steel. This prince also heard that all of this came from a Persian masters. This prince really is surprised.” As he spoke, he raised his cup and gestured to Feng Yu Heng once more but did not insist that she also drink. He just took a sip on his own. When he put the jade cup down, there was a strange smile on his face.

Feng Yu Heng took these words in. Although she felt that this person speaking in a deliberately ambiguous manner had something planned in secret; however, she could not figure out what it might be. She could only calmly say: “Your Highness the eighth prince is giving too much praise. It’s said that seeing is better than a hundred rumors. Your Highness is often away, and the majority of the things that you’ve heard have been exaggerated. It’s better to frequently return to the capital and use your own eyes to verify things.” After speaking, she sat down and slightly furrowed her brow to begin thinking.

This was just a small incident and the Emperor did not think anything of it. After this, there were some lower-ranked officials that came forward to present their gifts; however, it was no longer as restrained as earlier. The people down below could begin chatting amongst themselves, and there were people that got up to move around.

At Feng Yu Heng’s table, aside from her and Xuan Tian Ge, there were the official princesses of the princes. There were not many people, and at this time, they had headed over to where the imperial concubines were located. After all, with the princes’ birth mothers present, they would need to go over and spend some time with them as daughters-in-law. In a short period of time, the table emptied, and a young miss walked over. First, she saluted Feng Yu Heng then sat at Feng Yu Heng’s side without any unfamiliarity and said in a quiet voice: “Is it just a pen used for writing? Everyone says that Imperial Daughter Ji An gets money from all over, so why be so stingy in only giving His Majesty a pen? Even our family gave a set of glazed items!” After she finished speaking, she lifted her handkerchief and gently covered her mouth, giggling a couple times and acting to “cause trouble” without any attempt to hide it.

Feng Yu Heng looked at her curiously with a strange look: “Young miss, does your head hurt?”

“Hm?” The girl was stunned and lowered her handkerchief, “What does Imperial Daughter mean? My head does not hurt.”

“With so much water in your head, it actually doesn’t hurt. Young Miss really is a wonder!” Feng Yu Heng put on a look of admiration, “How about opening it up to take a look. It wouldn’t be good if there was some water pooling there and it wasn’t discovered. It would be extremely troublesome.”