764

If You Don’t Listen, I Will Cut You Open for Surgery

Zhang Yuan’s fall was not light. Even given his young age, he could not stand up for quite some time. When he finally managed to catch his breath and could speak once more, he quickly asked the Emperor: “Your Majesty, what did you say? What’s going to be done?”

The people of the hall had already been dismissed. Normally, the Emperor was accustomed to keeping only Zhang Yuan behind when there were no pressing matters. After all, it would be more convenient for a conversation. The old emperor stood up and personally went to help the eunuch. While helping him, he said: “Say, what are you kicking up a fuss over? We just said a few words, yet you were in a rush to roll down the stairs. What sort of appearance is this? So irritating!”

How could Zhang Yuan be in the mood to listen to his scolding, as he anxiously asked: “What did you just say that you wanted to do at the Winter Moon Palace?”

The Emperor helplessly said: “We were thinking about it like this. We haven’t seen her in over 20 years, and last time, it was a fire that allowed us to meet. If Winter Moon Palace caught fire once more, would Pian Pian see me once more?”

“She won’t!” Zhang Yuan angrily said in a loud voice: “She definitely won’t! Just give up on that idea!”

“How do you know that she won’t? Don’t curse Us.”

“Who is cursing you!” Zhang Yuan was also extremely angry, “Last time, that was someone else that started the fire, and Imperial Concubine nearly suffered. This time, you say that you want to start the fire yourself? Are you not afraid that you’ll really end up burning Imperial Concubine? If she really does get burned, or she gets frightened, not to mention seeing you, I fear that based on Imperial Concubine Yun’s personality, her slap won’t land on you. Instead, she’ll slap herself to death. When that time comes, just go ahead and cry! Once the slightest bit of something happens to Imperial Concubine Yun because you started a fire, His Highness the ninth prince will definitely flip against you. When that time comes, he will sever ties with you, making a complete break. He will no longer be close and will instead become more and more of an enemy! Many years into the future, there won’t be anyone to take the throne, and you’ll just randomly pick someone. That person won’t be able to support Da Shun, and the country will become chaotic, and its people will no longer be safe. The centuries of Da Shun’s rule will come to an end as a result of you starting this fire. I’ll see how you face the previous emperor once you arrive in the underworld. How you will face the successive generations of ancestors!”

Zhang Yuan had really become furious, as he leaped around while cursing at the Emperor. The words left the Emperor’s face alternating between red and white. After a long time, he finally managed to react and let out a strange “ao” yelp. Pointing at Zhang Yuan, he said: “You brat, you dare to curse at Us?”

“Cursing at you is considered light!” Zhang Yuan had also become frantic, “I just don’t have a long whip in my hands; otherwise, I would definitely strangle you to death! Haven’t you thought about it, the world is so big, and Da Shun controls a large territory. The princes are all out there protecting Da Shun’s territory with all that they have, yet you just spend your days sitting here, thinking about how to fool around with Imperial Concubine Yun. Who are you treating fairly? Are you treating those princes fairly, or are you treating the citizens fairly? Your Majesty! Can we not mess around? Little Yuan has been taking care of you from a young age at master’s side until master passed away and left this servant alone. From that moment until now, it has been over a decade, and there hasn’t been a single day where I don’t see you hurting yourself by thinking about Imperial Concubine Yun. This servant knows that your feelings for Imperial Concubine are not the usual, and they are not something that a normal person can match, but you are still the Emperor. Normal citizens can speak about such feelings; however, you cannot! You are the protector of this world, and it’s inevitable that you will lose a great number of things. In the past, you could mess around when you were young, and the officials did not dare say anything. But look at yourself now, just how old are you? This servant will say something that sounds bad, but an emperor of this age is unable to freeze anyone with fear! The princes are ready to make their moves, and the border regions are getting chaotic. With each generation, when the emperor reaches their waning years, there will be a few years of chaos. Instead of keeping a close eye on the situation at a time like this, you actually spend your days yearning for a woman. Why can’t you just be a little more considerate?”