760

Ji An, Why Don’t You Go and Die!

Feng Fen Dai had gone to the Lian Residence’s entrance in the middle of the night to begin cursing. After news of this arrived, Xiang Rong and An shi were both shocked. Xiang Rong had just returned, after all. She did not understand the situation clearly, thus she asked An shi: “Just how many days has that person been missing? Are we sure that he’s missing?” In regards to Feng Jin Yuan, even a child like Xiang Rong did not want to call him father.

With this matter being brought up, An shi was also filled with anger, telling Xiang Rong: “Probably three days! After the first night that he didn’t return, nobody thought much of it. Because you guys had gone to the hunting ground, the servants could only report it to me. I figured that there would be times when he might not come back. Who knew if he had gone out to drink and play around, thus I did not worry about it. Who knew that this departure would last over three days, and he still hasn’t shown up after all this time.” It had to be said that Feng Jin Yuan was not in the habit of drinking in the past. At that time, he was the left prime minister and had to keep a clear head at all times. This was also in the event an urgent matter came up in court, thus he very rarely touched the stuff. Even if he had to drink, he would do his best to drink very little and definitely would not get drunk. But ever since the Feng family fell, Feng Jin Yuan drank more and more. There were times when he would spend an entire night in a bar.

Hearing An shi say this, Xiang Rong furrowed her brow. Intuition told her that Feng Jin Yuan’s disappearance was definitely not something as simple as going out to drink, nor was it very likely that he had gone to a brothel and stayed in one for many days. After all, Feng Jin Yuan did not have money, and after he had stolen from the residence a few times, they all became smarter. None of their things would be kept here, as she and An shi would send their things to the shop. Even Fen Dai had found a safe place, so it should not be possible for her things to be touched. But if he had not gone to those places to play around, where could Feng Jin Yuan have gone?

“What is it?” An shi saw that something was off about Xiang Rong’s mood, thus she asked: “Could it be that something has happened? He…” Before she could finish speaking, she saw Xiang Rong suddenly stand up and move to walk out. An shi quickly grabbed a hold of her in shock, “Where are you going?”

Xiang Rong was startled and said: “Fourth Sister is standing in front of the Lian Residence and shouting curses. I need to go and take a look.”

“You can’t go!” An shi advised her, “You got to know that person in the Lian Residence through the second young miss. Now that we have severed ties with the second young miss, the one in the Lian Residence is still getting along well with her. If you go now, would it not be heard by others?”

Only then did Xiang Rong manage to react. She also knew that she had been a bit rash, thus she no longer brought up wanting to go and take a look, only telling the servants to continue to ask around. She then sat back down and anxiously waited.

As for Fen Dai, she stood outside of the Lian Residence’s entrance and shouted curses for nearly an hour. During this time, she repeatedly sent people to bang on the door, but regardless of how she cursed, there was not the slightest sign of movement inside. Even the neighbors nearby that slept late came out as a result of her cursing; however, not a single person from the Lian Residence poked their head out. This sort of attitude made Fen Dai even more certain that there was something wrong inside. That Miss Lian had definitely hidden Feng Jin Yuan, and she was refusing to make an appearance out of guilt. Thus she began to curse even more fiercely. In the end, she even wanted to have the people tear down the Lian Residence.

Finally, the surrounding citizens could no longer bear to watch and reminded her: “Stop messing around. There hasn’t been anyone entering or exiting the Lian Residence for five or six days. The gates have been tightly shut for the entire time. I heard that the master of the house has left the city to see the sights. There’s nobody in the residence.”