715

See If You Can Handle the Yao Family’s Retribution

Fu Ya calling her mother caused Yao shi to finally feel that feeling of intimacy between mother and daughter that she had not felt in a long time. In her eyes, this was her daughter. This was the darling child that she had given birth to. Now, she only had this one daughter at her side. Even the son that she doted on greatly recognized that person as his elder sister. What else did she have left? Now, she just hoped that this daughter would be able to act in accordance with her desires. She hoped that she would remain at her side and never become estranged.

At this time, Feng Yu Heng was holding up the clothes that had been tampered with and sat in the main hall of the Yao manor. The Yao family had set up a mourning hall for Lu Yao in a side hall. At this time, there were servants that were keeping watch, while all of the Yao family’s masters were gathered in this hall. They all stared at the clothes in Feng Yu Heng’s hands.

After Xu shi had fallen into the water, she had caught a bit of a cold, but it was fortunate that Feng Yu Heng had given her some Western medicine to suppress it. The cold had come quickly and left quickly. But she just could not understand. How could something happen to the clothes that she had sewn for her own niece?

“A-Heng, give it to me to see.” Xu shi reached out toward Feng Yu Heng and asked for the clothes. Looking carefully, her gaze finally rested on the collar of the clothes. She very quickly could notice that something was off. “This collar is not sewn in the same way that I had sewn it at the start. It seems to have been torn open by someone.”

Feng Yu Heng said: “I tore it open and investigated, but before I did, it had already been tampered with by someone.” After she said this, she told the situation of what had happened before to everyone.

These words quickly caused the Yao family to feel shocked. But this time, the Yao family had already prepared itself slightly when Feng Yu Heng spoke about the clothes. When Lu Yao married into the Yao family, there were already some doubts. In addition to the things that had happened in the palace, the Yao family had already lost any faith that they had in Lu Yao, including Yao Shu. He could not forgive someone that would drag his mother into the water for the sake of harming his younger cousin. Even if that person was his wife, he definitely would not tolerate her.

“Younger Sister Heng.” Yao Shu spoke up, “When you spoke to me in the palace, you should have already noticed the problem with Lu Yao, right?”

Feng Yu Heng nodded, “I noticed that the clothes that Eldest Aunty gave me were a bit off, but I did not believe that Eldest Aunty would do anything. After asking, I found out that these clothes had passed through Lu Yao’s hands, thus I knew what exactly had happened.” After speaking, she looked at Yao Shu and continued: “Not to hide it from eldest brother, but the granny from the palace told me about the situation with Lu Yao’s body. But this matter was between you two. If you could tolerate it, it’s not proper for a cousin like me to say anything. But not only did she continue to press her luck and try to scheme against me, but she also turned around and tried to harm Eldest Aunty. This sort of person must not be kept alive.”

Yao Xian became furious, angrily scolding Yao Shu for not being understanding and not looking at the bigger picture, actually bringing that sort of woman into the family.

Yao Shu was a man and immediately kneeled in front of Yao Xian. He acknowledged his past mistakes and acknowledged that he had implicated the Yao family and his mother. At the same time, he reflected that he should not have ignored Feng Yu Heng’s words, which nearly led to a great disaster.

Yao Xian let out a long sigh. He also knew that continuing to place blame on Yao Shu at this point was pointless. Lu Yao’s mourning hall was placed in a side hall. With the Yao family not making it an extravagant affair, they made it clear what their attitude was. Now, they were just waiting for the Lu family to visit. He wanted to ask that Lu Song just how much courage their Lu family had to send a deflowered girl into the Yao family. Did he really think that the Yao family was weak?