754

The Sixth Prince Himself

“Standing on my side?” Imperial Concubine Li was puzzled, “What do you mean?”

In regards to her question, Fen Dai did not reply immediately. Instead, she asked Imperial Concubine Li: “Speaking of, Imperial Concubine and Imperial Daughter Ji An do not have any enmity from the past. Why suddenly lash out at her?”

“I…” Imperial Concubine Li stopped speaking and cautiously looked at Feng Fen Dai. She did not know how she should respond. She even felt that there was a scheming look on Fen Dai’s face, and she did not know what words would implicate her. She just remained silent for a while before saying: “You already severed ties with her as sisters. What do you care if I harm her or not?”

Fen Dai covered her mouth and giggled, “Imperial Concubine is right. I don’t have any feelings for her. Not to mention you harming her secretly, but even if you were to murder her, I would not care about it. The reason that I ask about this matter is mostly to confirm whether or not we’re standing on the same side of the battle.”

“What battle? What are you trying to do?” Imperial Concubine Li was very flustered and very afraid. This was the very essence of her being. She was naturally cowardly, and if she was not pregnant with the sixth prince at that time, how could she have survived until this day? Feng Fen Dai’s words had frightened her, and she suddenly felt as if she had fallen into a pit of conspiracies. No matter what, she could not climb out.

Feng Fen Dai smiled and said, “Naturally, it’s a battle where you and I both stand to profit. It’s also a path that Imperial Concubine would be happy to walk. Based on what I know, Imperial Concubine and Noble Lady Yuan are sisters, right? Imperial Concubine, you must not tell me that you did this just to vent for Noble Lady Yuan and wanted to help His Highness the Eighth Prince from the shadows.”

“No! That’s not it!” Imperial Concubine Li was very eager to refute this. She was still flustered, but through this panic, a hint of hatred could be seen. “She might be my younger sister, but we have not interacted much over the years. During the years that I was bullied in the inner palace, she did not show any pity or sympathy to me. Since younger sister doesn’t recognize me as an elder sister, why should I bother recognizing her as a younger sister? She has a son, and I also have a son. She will scheme for her own son, and I don’t want for my Feng’er to fall behind. Feng family’s young miss, this is the answer that you’ve been looking for.”

Feng Fen Dai stared at Imperial Concubine Li; however, she sneered internally. Sure enough, all of the imperial concubines in the palace made plans for their own sons. Even the most cowardly and weak Imperial Concubine Li was no exception. But the sixth prince… “His Highness the Sixth Prince does not have many accomplishments that stand out. Although he also has control of a small group of troops, he is a scholar. He does not truly understand how to go onto the battlefield to kill the enemy, nor does he know how to set up a battle formation. Imperial Concubine also knows that my father was once the left prime minister. That’s why I have heard a little bit about the happenings of the court. The sixth prince brought his small number of troops to be stationed in the Northwest, but before running into any trouble, before the Northwest became a mess, it was his deputy general that led the troops onto the battlefield. During this time, when they ran into troublesome enemies, they would even need other troops to help. Imperial Concubine, you know all about this, right?”

Imperial Concubine sat in her chair with a bitter smile on her face. Of course, she knew all about it. Her son was not made for this sort of thing. He would rather spend his time in a school writing stories and would rather be teaching in a school. He would rather debate with scholars on what was right or wrong. As for why the sixth prince, Xuan Tian Feng, would be stationed in the Northwest, it was all because of her. It was she that felt unreconciled and wanted for her son to make a strong showing. She wanted for him to be able to make a good showing for her. As she saw it, as long as her son was able to become successful, her position would definitely not be like it was at this time.