661

The True Culprit Admits Their Guilt

Because a girl marrying into a palace would first need to have her body inspected, the palace had a number of grannies standing by. These grannies had fierce eyes. If there was even the slightest bit of anything off about a girl, it would be noticed by their eyes. Apparently, even the girl had been pure, if they had done anything that was slightly improper, it would be found out clearly. It was just unknown how it was found out.

In the past, Feng Yu Heng had reached her own conclusion upon hearing this. She felt that it was definitely that the grannies did not just examine the body. They had also learned something similar to psychology. Through the use of observation, they would be able to more or less guess the situation.

But ever since imperial concubine Yun had entered the palace over twenty years prior, the imperial palace did not welcome anyone new. Those grannies did not have much use. Like this, a number were let out of the palace. The ones that were kept had nothing to do. They just kept their positions.

Later on, the Empress also handed them the job of examining the bodies of the official princesses that were marrying princes. This gave them a bit of worth.

Granny Gui had the longest record of service, and she was the one with the best eyes. Upon hearing that imperial daughter Ji An had invited someone over, the palace immediately sent her over. In regards to this, Feng Yu Heng was very satisfied.

But while she was feeling satisfied, the other side was feeling disappointed. Lu Yao had a look of having lost her mind from fear, as she sat on the ground. Her face was pale as a dead person. Even Lu Song, who was kneeling at Xuan Tian Hua’s feet became panicked. Furrowing his brow tightly, he was pondering something.

Feng Yu Heng watched with a cold gaze. She then looked at the members of the Yao family, and all of them had looks of anger on their faces. A perfectly good wedding had become a funeral. What sort of situation was this? Yao Xian was glaring even more at Lu Song. He had a look of refusing to let go of this situation without a proper explanation.

Granny Gui was also someone that had become accustomed to seeing this sort of scene. Although she had been frightened by the corpse on the ground, she immediately recovered. Without letting out a sound, she walked over to Feng Yu Heng and kneeled on the ground to salute, saying loudly: “This servant greets imperial daughter Ji An. Good evening, imperial daughter!”

Because Feng Yu Heng had sent someone to invite her, she saluted Feng Yu Heng first. After Feng Yu Heng called for her to rise, she then kneeled toward the princes.

After bowing to the princes, she did not pay any attention to the officials present, as she went straight to Feng Yu Heng’s side.

At this time, Xu Jing Yuan, who was seated in the head seat said: “Guards! Bring in the Lu family’s servant that is outside.”

THese words caused the people of the Lu family to freeze. Lu Song was even more puzzled, what Lu family’s servant? Were the people that his Lu family had sent to the Yao manor just the ones present? How could there still be another outside?

Just as he was wondering, he saw a government worker bring another person inside. That person was dressed like a maidservant. Lu Yao saw this, and her heart immediately sank. It was one of Lu Yan’s servants.

Ever since she was young, she did not get along well with Lu Yan. Because they were both daughters of the first wife, and her mother had passed away early, Lu Yan had been hoping with all of her might to move her from her position as daughter of the first wife. This would mean that the Lu family only had one daughter of the first wife. Like this, Lu Yan’s status would be more valuable. Unfortunately, her plots never succeeded; however, who knew that Lu Yan’s servant would come over to cause trouble.