767

The Fox Spirit Raised by the Old Man

With the message coming from Imperial Concubine Yun’s side, Zhang Yuan began laughing loudly and quickly called for the table of meat to be taken away. He then had someone call for the imperial kitchen to make some dishes of vegetables. With a smile, he looked at the Emperor and said: “How is that, this servant can’t do anything about you, but someone can!”

The Emperor had drank a bit of wine earlier, and the alcohol was taking a bit of effect. He became bolder and immediately slapped the table: “How could she know what We are eating? What is it, do the imperial concubines of the inner palace feel braver and even dare to secretly place people here to observe Us? Go and call all of Heavenly Hall’s servants for Us. We must solve this case today and see who the spy is!”

With him having drank too much and exploding like this, Zhang Yuan did not move in the slightest. He just stood in place without saying a word, as the palace maid from Winter Moon Palace bowed to the Emperor and calmly said: “Your Majesty, please calm down. Imperial Concubine smelled the fragrance of the meat that came from this side and sent this servant to take a look. Imperial concubine also said that Your Majesty would definitely say that she had placed a spy here, but even if someone was installed here in secret, what of it? This is imperial concubine’s way of showing concern. If Your Majesty does not like it, we will pull them back.”

The Emperor immediately stopped playing around and repeatedly waved his hand: “Don’t pull them back, showing concern is good. Showing concern is good. How about you send a few more people over? How about this, this Heavenly Hall you see, aside from little Yuan, switch out everyone else. Change them all for people from Winter Moon Palace. How about it? When you go back, ask your imperial concubine if this is alright. If it is, just take care of this matter today.”

Zhang Yuan stood to the side and rolled his eyes, “You might as well swap out this servant too. This servant wants to go and take care of Imperial Concubine Yun and does not want to stay in this Heavenly Hall.”

“Shut your mouth.” The Emperor did not spare his emotions at all, “Even if you die, you will die in Heavenly Hall for Us. Stop wasting your breath.” He then looked at the palace maid with a look of hope.

As a result, the palace maid shook her head, “No good, we don’t have the people to take care of this side. Moreover, they’re all palace maids. Could it be that Your Majesty intends to have some more young girls come here and take care of you?”

The Emperor nearly bit off his tongue. How did it end up being no good no matter what was said? Looking toward Feng Yu Heng for help, Feng Yu Heng helplessly spoke up for him: “Father Emperor’s meaning is that he’s very happy that Imperial Concubine Mother is thinking about it and is willing to send people to take care of him. Would Miss tell Imperial Concubine Mother that the meat here has already been taken away and been swapped out for vegetables. In a while, His Highness and I will be going to pay respects to Imperial Concubine Mother.”

The palace maid smiled and nodded, “Imperial Concubine is waiting for His Highness and Imperial Daughter.” After saying this, she saluted to the Emperor and left.

The Emperor let out a long sigh then looked at the table full of green vegetables. He no longer had an appetite. Xuan Tian Ming became excited and told Zhang Yuan to give the Emperor a bit of everything. Watching the Emperor eat it all, he nodded, “It’s good that you ate it. Otherwise, when Imperial Concubine Mother asks about it later, I wouldn’t have any way of explaining. It’s no wonder you got so much fatter in the few months that I was away. It turns out that you’ve been eating like this every day. Are you not afraid…” He asked Feng Yu Heng: “What was that disease called again?”