748

A Strange Fragrance

The seventh prince, Xuan Tian Hua, put on a stern face and asked this question. Feng Fen Dai’s glib tongue really could not say a word. Fen Dai was a person that had no brain and a bad mouth, and her personality was direct and was especially bad at making turns. If she hated someone, she could insult someone so badly that their grandparents would not recognize them. Even if the Emperor was present, like earlier in the medical tent, she would even dare to say a few words from time to time. She still dared to cause a commotion.

But even if this person had no brain, she was still a girl. The reactions controlled by her heart was still there. When she faced Xuan Tian Hua, she really wanted to be unaffected by his face, and she wanted to say whatever she was going to say. She even suspected that Xuan Tian Hua was just playing along with Xiang Rong’s little act, but when Xuan Tian Hua looked toward her with his deity-like face, Fen Dai immediately became mute. The words became stuck in her throat, and not a single word could get out. There was this feeling that if she actually said those things, it would be blaspheming a deity, and she would be struck down by lightning!

A single sentence from Xuan Tian Hua had left Feng Fen Dai frozen in place. Following this, he pulled along Xiang Rong and called Feng Yu Heng. The three then headed in the direction of the imperial tent. Only when the three had gone quite far away did Fen Dai finally manage to regain her composure. She could not help but pat her chest and say with some unhappiness: “How could you have this sort of brother? He is not at all like the other princes.”

There was nothing that the fifth prince could do. He could do nothing about Xuan Tian Hua, and he was even more powerless against Fen Dai. He could only sigh and say: “Nine brothers have nine different birth mothers. Which of them is similar? You also need to change your temper. Although I can protect you here and there, you also know my position in Father Emperor’s heart. I fear that if you caused a big problem, I could not protect you.”

Feng Fen Dai was left with a belly full of anger by Xuan Tian Hua. Now, she had finally found a place to vent it, as she began shouting at the fifth prince, “Position? What position? You are also one of the Emperor’s children. Why is your position different? The central palace does not have a child. Speaking of, all of the princes are born of concubines. What are you any lower than them for? Why do you not compete with them? You’re just weak!”

Xuan Tian Yi had been thoroughly cussed out by her, as his face alternated between red and white. Glaring at Feng Fen Dai, he really thought of sending the girl back to the capital. But after thinking a bit, what part of what Fen Dai had said was not the truth? Indeed, all the princes were born of concubines. Where was he any worse than the other princes? It was just that matter from that time that caused a knot in the Emperor’s heart, but at the same time, there was a new knot in his heart. It was this very knot that made him so tolerant of Feng Fen Dai. He could always think of her appearance when she wore the white crystal, and he was always able to recall that she had learned that beautiful snow dance for his sake… At one point, he thought that he would never again see that snow dance. At that moment, he practically thought that that person had been reincarnated. From that moment, that image continued to linger inside his mind. It was such that regardless of how excessive Feng Fen Dai was being, he felt that he could forgive. He even felt that it was that person coming back to settle a debt with him. He placed all of the feelings of guilt that he felt toward that imperial concubine on Fen Dai. He just hoped that by doing this, it would be a sort of anesthetic for himself.

Xuan Tian Yi sighed and went to grab Fen Dai, gently consoling her: “Don’t keep causing a fuss. In this life, things are pre-determined. However much joy is allotted is based on karmic reward. I have never thought about those things unrelated to me, and I hope that you won’t think about them either. If you are good, we will live our lives. Whether the Feng family is good or not is all temporary. When you have become of age, and you marry me, no matter how worthless the Li Palace might be, I can give you a good family. I will not marry anyone else, and nobody will cause you vexation. The entire palace will do as you say. Isn’t this quite good?”