776

Feng Yu Heng’s Pride

In the residence, the only males aside from children were servants. Xuan Tian Feng had brought clothes of his own, but after changing while on the road, he had no clean clothes left when he reached the capital. He could only wear the roughly-made clothes made for servants. Although the look was a bit simple, he did not lose his scholar’s aura.

Feng Yu Heng very quickly saw him and quickly had Fu Sang go and take care of things. She then walked over to Xuan Tian Feng and called out with a faint smile: “Sixth brother.” She then looked at the slightly short and grey winter coat and said with an apologetic tone: “This residence truly does not have any good clothes. Sixth brother, just make do with them for now. It’s better than wearing wet clothes and getting sick.”

Xuan Tian Feng nodded, “Many thanks. This too is fine. People and clothes are the same, with no original difference between high and low status. If it can keep me warm, they are good clothes.” While speaking, he tugged at the lower hem of the coat and specially said to Feng Yu Heng: “You treat the servants of this residence very well. These clothes look a bit plain, but the people that know this material know that this is not something a normal servant is able to wear. Moreover, the cotton inside the fabric is very soft, and it is very fluffy to wear, and it is very warm. It’s definitely new cotton from this year.”

Feng Yu Heng smiled and said: “The servants do work for us, so even if we aren’t able to provide them with fish and meat to eat each day like masters, the most basic things like clothes to keep warm need to be provided. It’s as sixth brother said, there is no difference in high and low when it comes to people. The servants do their all to take care of their masters, and the master should have a conscience.”

Xuan Tian Feng nodded and agreed with this, “This is a life that people should have.” After he finished speaking, he looked around the yard then asked her: “Is younger sister in a rush to return?”

Feng Yu Heng shook her head, “No rush. I will be staying to accompany the children for dinner before leaving.”

“I am also in no rush. How about younger sister brings me to take a look around this residence? On my way back, I heard that Imperial Daughter Ji An had opened a residence that not only takes in orphans to be taught medicine, but they also have their own farm. Even a number of farms in the surrounding areas were bought. Not to hide it from younger sister, but brother is quite curious.”

Xuan Tian Feng was a scholar. On his way back to the capital, the closer he got to the capital, the more rumors he heard. Gradually, he became more and more curious about this residence. Adding on his coincidental meeting with the two children that wanted to seek aid, he personally sent them here and wanted to take a look at exactly what sort of place this was.

Feng Yu Heng did not reject it. Xuan Tian Feng gave off a very good initial impression, and it was as Wang Chuan and the others had said. The sixth prince did not seem to be a prince and was more like a teacher, treating people with courtesy and speaking warmly. She gestured for him to enter and said: “Since sixth brother is interested, please follow A-Heng to the back to take a look.”

She led him through the front yard and headed toward the back. First, she brought him to where the orphans lived. The main room and wing rooms were filled with children. Although there were many people in each room, it definitely would not reach the point of feeling cramped. Each child was guaranteed the space to rest and sleep. She told Xuan Tian Feng: “This residence was originally comprised of two lots, and there were a total of 12 rooms that could house people. It was far from being able to handle this many people. Later on, we negotiated with the owner of the nearby residence to see if we could rent their properties; however, the owner of that residence happened to want to leave the capital for a different province, and they simply sold us the residence. His residence is a bit bigger and had a bit of empty space, thus I had some people build a few rooms to allow people to live in them.”