738

Unexpected Gift

This time, Huang Quan happened to be standing at the entrance of the tent and asked: “Which family are you from? What have you come to deliver to our young miss?” As she spoke, she lifted the curtain and allowed the person inside.

The person that had come was a male servant, but because there were many people that had come to the hunting ground, there was a rule set by the court. Regardless of whose servant it was, they would need to have a wooden identification sign hanging from their waist. The character “Lu” was clearly written on the servant’s identification, which caused Huang Quan to have some misgivings. What was one of the Lu family’s servants doing in their tent? Was it not the case that the Lu family did not get along with the imperial daughter?

With these questions in mind, Feng Yu Heng did not speak, but Wang Chuan asked: “Servant of the Lu family? What have you come here for?”

The servant extended his hands, and a delicate little heater appeared in the palm of his hand. There was also a brocade material covering it. The embroidery was also very proper and very beautiful. He bowed toward Feng Yu Heng then replied: “This servant is indeed from the Lu family. Lord Prime Minister had this servant give it to the third young miss, but when the third young miss saw it, she immediately said that if she used such a nice thing, it would be a waste, and she insisted on having this servant come and deliver it to Imperial Daughter. Third Young Miss said that she hopes that imperial daughter does not dislike it and will accept her intentions.”

“The Lu family’s third young miss? Lu Yan?” Huang Quan was puzzled and asked: “What exactly was she thinking? To actually send something to our imperial daughter? How is there any shred of relation between the two?”

The servant was troubled and said: “Miss, this servant is usually at the prime minister’s side and is also unclear about the young miss. Today was a matter of happenstance, thus this servant came to deliver it for the third young miss. As for why she would send this heater, this servant really does not know and hopes that Imperial Daughter will not press this servant. Please just accept this heater. Even if you do not like it, you can just throw it away, but if this servant brings it back, based on the third young miss’ temper and how the prime minister dotes on her, Imperial Daughter, please take pity on this poor servant. I’m begging Imperial Daughter.”

The servant also sounded quite pitiful. After speaking, he kneeled on the ground with a look of, ‘if you don’t accept it, I won’t get up.’ This left everyone feeling quite helpless.

Feng Yu Heng waved her hand, “Forget it. Since it’s already been brought over, we’ll accept it. I see that the heater looks quite excellent, and it looks quite good.”

Upon hearing that Feng Yu Heng would accept it, Huang Quan quickly stepped forward to receive the heater. The servant kowtowed for a while and said a great deal more before leaving. Wang Chuan was prudent and lifted the curtain to sent the servant out. The servant even politely said: “Miss, please stay. Miss, please stay.” Only then did he turn and leave.

Wang Chuan stood at the entrance for a while until she saw the servant head in the direction of the Lu family’s tent. Only then did she turn around and say to the two imperial guards standing outside: “If someone else comes, just loudly ask who they are. Regardless of who they are, you need to make some sound to let the master inside know that someone has come. Do you understand?”

Because the imperial guards worked in the imperial palace, they were usually very proud. They even looked down on some of the common officials, much less the womenfolk in this camp. They were only responsible for standing guard. When it came to reporting things or stuff of that nature, they would not concern themselves with it. But the tent that these two were guarding was different. They understood that this was Imperial Daughter Ji An’s tent. Even if they were extremely proud, they could not treat this person poorly. Moreover, the control of the imperial guards was held by the seventh prince! Based on the relationship between the seventh prince and ninth prince, Imperial Daughter Ji An must not be offended. Thus they quickly nodded and complied. Wang Chuan did not treat them poorly, as she reached into her sleeve pocket and pulled out a silver ingot for each.