735

The Person Hidden in the Imperial Palace

Others might not understand Feng Yu Heng’s intentions, but Xiang Rong and An shi were able to figure it out. Feng Yu Heng distancing herself from the Feng family was not unexpected. Yao shi seeking death on her own and recognizing Fu Ya might have caused Feng Yu Heng some irritation, but Xiang Rong knew that her second sister could not possibly become enemies with the Yao family. At the same time, the Yao family could not possibly be so unreasonable as to insult people to such a degree because of Yao shi’s matter.

All of this was just done so that Feng Yu Heng could protect them. Even the fourth prince told her, “You have a good elder sister. To be able to protect you to such a degree, don’t worry. From this day forward, I will take over protecting you. I won’t let you be bullied.”

She could not be bothered with listening to the latter half of Xuan Tian Yi’s damn message. She just wanted to help her second sister. Since the people needed to be convinced of this charade, she would make it look real. But even if she collaborated, why did she feel so miserable after doing so?

Before noon the next day, someone from the palace visited the manor saying that the Emperor would be going to the imperial hunting ground in the East in five days. Imperial Daughter Ji An was named to the list of people invited. She was invited to make some preparations and enter the palace at dawn in five days time.

After the palace servant left, Wang Chuan told Feng Yu Heng that this Eastern Hunting Ground would always hold a hunt each year. It was just that nobody knew why it had not been held in the past few years, but as Huang Quan put it: “Perhaps the Emperor is getting old and is no longer as fond of messing around as when he was younger.”

Wang Chuan, however, did not believe this to be the case. She lightly scolded Huang Quan: “Don’t spout nonsense. The Emperor is still in quite good form.” She then turned to Feng Yu Heng and said: “As this servant sees it, the year before last, there was that Winter disaster, and the citizens were suffering from it. It would not be too good for the imperial family to go hunting. Last year, it’s most likely because young miss and His Highness the ninth prince went to the North. The battle in Qian Zhou was in progress, thus the Emperor did not bring up this matter.”

Feng Yu Heng nodded and felt that her explanation was reasonable, thus she did not ask further. She just told Huang Quan: “These next few days, take care of feeding the little white tiger. While we’re preparing, prepare some more food for it. We’ll bring it along.”

Huang Quan felt helpless and had to repeat some advice: “Tigers eat meat. It can’t just keep being fed that milk powder. Isn’t that the same as just drinking water? How can it eat its fill? Look at how long Xiao Bai is growing. Young miss, this servant feels that it is very closely related to the things that you are feeding it.”

Feng Yu Heng shook her head and told her: “That’s not so. I also give Xiao Bai some solid foods. I gave it quite a few tasty pastries from the kitchen. It hasn’t just been drinking milk. Also, why have it grow so big? Where would it be put after growing so big? Would we really lock it up in a metal cage? I am fine with it, but what about you guys?”

Huang Quan and Wang Chuan shook their heads, “We are not.” They had interacted with the little white tiger quite a bit, as they played with it as if it was a pet. How could they be alright with locking it inside a metal cage.

“But if it isn’t locked up, grows big and is left to freely roam around, you two might not be afraid with your martial arts, but what about the others? What if Xiao Bai gets hungry one day and wants to eat people? Say, who in our manor should be eaten?” Feng Yu Heng nibbled on seeds while messing with her two servants.